80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Possible Clarification on Battle of the Planets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Volunteering/Content Change Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaulding001
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Possible Clarification on Battle of the Planets Reply with quote

I'm new to your website and came across it on accident as a part of an off handed search for something else entirely. However, I have been searching for the name of a cartoon that I absolutely loved as a very young child at the age somewhere between 5 - 8 I would imagine back. This was some time ago considering I'm turning 40 this year so we are talking between 1974 and early '80's. Until now I've not found hide nor hair of any sign of aforementioned cartoon. So, on a whim I selected your site from the list from my search and was jaw dropped aghast at the picture on your animation bar at the top of your screen at the very cartoon I loved so much.

However, with the picture being somewhat grainy I couldn't quite tell if it was the same or not. So, after an image search and a little tweaking in the search fields I HAVE FINALLY FOUND MY CARTOON!!!!!!!!. Unfortunately you do not have it listed in your index. So, hopefully this information will help you correct this unintentional oversight as it is a very obscure cartoon. The name of the cartoon as the title of the post suggest is "Battle of the Planets." I do believe the picture you are using is from the "Voltron Force" cartoon and I mistook it for the one I so desperately wanted it to be. But, after the image search and literally the fifth from the last image from the search I saw the true picture and another image search revealed the name of the cartoon.

Anyway that's may long way around saying thank you for helping me find this cartoon again, or at least the title, because it brings back some very fond memories I wouldn't mind passing on to my son and daughter, if she can get her nose out of her tablet!

The following link is the google search with hundreds of images from Battle of the Planets: https://www.google.com/search?q=battle+of+the+planets+cartoon&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lCczU_mrHebXyAG9uICABg&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=839

Unfortunately that's all the time I have to spend on searching further as of now and I hope that you site can pick up from here and add it to your list.

Thank you so much
Daniel Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi spaulding001,
Welcome to the forums! Thanks for joining us here. Very Happy Cool Glad to have you here. And as a basketball fan, I wanted to say that I appreciate your user name. (assuming you're referencing the official ball of the NBA).
In regards to your question about "Battle of the Planets", I'm glad you were able to find the cartoon you were looking for! It will be up to the site owner and administrator if they want to add the cartoon to the site. Thank you for your work in searching it and providing the link for all those great pictures of this great cartoon! Cool
However, I wanted to point out that "Battle of the Planets" is the title the show is known by in the USA, where it ran from 1978-1985. However, that show is an American adaptation of a Japanese cartoon (or anime) called "Science Ninja Team Gatchaman", which ran from 1972-1974. Because the original series ran in the 1970s, that could be why it has not been included on this site, since it would fall out of the scope of the 1980s emphasis. Like I said earlier though, I don't know for sure- it's really up to the site administrator.
Thanks for your feedback though and enjoy the forums.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Volunteering/Content Change Requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: