80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Masters of the Universe Classics: Stackable Stands

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Masters of the Universe Classics: Stackable Stands Reply with quote

Greetings fellow He-Fans and She-Ravers,

Just a quick overview today because there's really not that much to say about this item. These are a new set of figure stands designed with a tiered method. The idea is to allow you to display your figures in a way that raises up the ones in the back of the shelf and allow everyone to be seen better. So how well does it actually work? Take a look.

The stands come in this long white mailer box. Like the other stands there is no inner packaging. The stands aren't even in a bag this time they're just slid right into the box.

There's not even a paper instruction sheet they just gave us a diagram on the back of the white mailer. But they did not include a diagram showing how the peg wand works. If you have either of the previous sets of stands you know how to do it as it works the same way, but anyone getting these first might be confused.

You get three of the tri stands in the box along with enough pegs to fill each of the holes and the applicator wand. So there's enough here to display 9 figures, IF you display them individually. Once you start stacking them you decrease the number of slots available.

Each set is like an Olympic podium with the center stage slightly higher than the two sides. The stands measure about 12 inches across. The side steps are about 1 inch high while the middle is closer to 2 inches. Unlike the previous stands there are only two peg holes per step so if you use the pegs that is a very limited pose range. Of course they're the same type of pegs, which as I pointed out before don't really work well in the first place and don't actually support the figure's ankles and isn't that really the point of figure stand pegs?

The stands are made of a hollow lightweight plastic and are done in the Grayskull green color. They do have a bit of wash over them so the coloring is nice, I'll give them that. The real big problem is to tier them you have to stack them which not only reduces the amount of stand space, but is still too low. It doesn't really raise the figures in the back up enough so they're not obscured by the ones in front.

When we heard we were getting tiered stands we expected to get something like this -an actual TIERED stand! When a display is tiered that means it's set up in this stadium style so that the ones in back are raised up and not obscured by the ones in front. I've seen proper tiered stands made for other figure lines. We did not get tiered stands, we got stands that can be stacked to create a tiered effect -and not very well. You'd need to buy a ton of these in order to obtain the necessary height and have enough to cover your whole collection.

Much like the other stands, these work fine for displaying certain individual figures. The podium style works for a threesome, but as far as the tiered idea goes, I'm sorry but I have to call this one a fail. To be fair, as I said, they are okay for the single layer display, but for the actual intended use as a tiered display you're better off picking up a set like the one above at Bed Bath and Beyond for a fraction of the cost.

That's another thing, the stackable stands are on sale on Mattycollector.com for $15 plus tax and shipping. Even completionists have been stalling on getting these and only ordering one set at the same time as other things. Until next time, Good Journey.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: