80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Complete 1980s cartoon series on DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most confusing series to follow- because it had so many different titles and seasons- but nonetheless one of the best and longest lasting DC Comics-based cartoon series will finally soon be complete on DVD!!!
Now this series ran from the early '70s through the mid-'80s in various forms and this site does primarily focus on 1980s cartoons, but since at least some of this series' long run was in the '80s, I will mention this here.
At long last- "SuperFriends" will be complete on DVD! Very Happy Cool
For the kinda confusing breakdown of DVD releases (because some of the DVD releases use titles different from the actual show title)- I will recommend you to Wikipedia's breakdown here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfriends#DVD_releases

But with October 8, 2013 's release of "SuperFriends- Legacy of Super Powers: The Complete Season Six" - the complete series will finally be out on DVD! (And releases for this series started back in 2004!)
So as a longtime DC Comics (and Marvel Comics, for that matter- and a number of other comics) fan- I'm excited to see this out in its entirety at last. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beverly Hills Teens will be complete on DVD on October 1, 2013! Very Happy Cool
Mill Creek is releasing Beverly Hills Teens Volume 2 on DVD on that day, with the remaining 33 episodes in the series. And at a price of $12.98 as the suggested retail price- not bad at all! In fact, I'd say that kind of price is totally awesome!
How rad is that to finally have this bodacious, gnarly, tubular cool 1980s cartoon on DVD in its entirety! Smile
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Beverly-Hills-Teens-Volume-2/18692

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out that the Teen Wolf cartoon (based on the 1985 movie of the same name) has been released in its entirety to DVD.... in Region 4 only. (i.e. Australia).
So that's really howling cool news for Aussies, but it leaves other fans around the world just howling.
Hopefully it will get a DVD release in other regions soon. I enjoyed watching this series as a kid- I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Smile Cool

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
I just found out that the Teen Wolf cartoon (based on the 1985 movie of the same name) has been released in its entirety to DVD.... in Region 4 only. (i.e. Australia).
So that's really howling cool news for Aussies, but it leaves other fans around the world just howling.
Hopefully it will get a DVD release in other regions soon. I enjoyed watching this series as a kid- I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Smile Cool

Unfortunately that Teen Wolf set was released in 2008 and is now out of print. Most sellers from Australia put a price tag of $50+ on this set, which is ridiculous. I think its only 3 discs.

Also, most serious collectors should look into picking up an all region dvd player. Those cheap dvd players from wal-mart like "Apex" and "Cyberhome" are made out of computer parts and will play any region dvd on your TV in the USA. Theres actually tons of great DVD sets released in Europe, Asia, and Australia that have yet to have been released here in the USA!

I just picked up a new copy of 'Robotix' complete series (Says 'The Movie' on cover but its all the episodes), only released in the UK, fully remastered, and its CHEAP! cost me ten bucks total shipped to the US! I highly recommend this DVD to all 80s cartoon fans!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Thanks for adding to the list. I have tried to track DVD releases of cartoons around the world wherever and whenever I can, but of course- it's hard to keep up with everything.

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.A.S.K. has been released in its complete form in the U.K. on a cheap 8 disc set. This includes the 10 additional Season 2 episodes that were NOT released in the U.S. "complete" set from Shout Factory.

This UK Box Set is the definitive version with ALL 75 episodes! Excellent restored quality. I highly suggest fans of this show pick up this UK set as its the only complete version and can be bought for 9 pounds ($20 USD) off of Amazon UK!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Very Happy Cool Thanks for the tip. Here it is on Amazon.co.uk

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Get Along Gang" is probably about as complete as it's going to get on DVD at the moment. All but the pilot episode has been released to DVD. (And the pilot is available on VHS, in any case.)

On July 19, 2011 Mill Creek released a "Best of The Get Along Gang" DVD set that contains 10 episodes.

On October 16, 2012, Mill Creek released a DVD set entitled "TV Toons To Go - 100 Cartoon Collection".
The other 3 episodes of "The Get-Along Gang" are included on this DVD release! Yay! Smile

Unfortunately, the pilot is still not on DVD and it seems likely it will not get released to DVD, due to rights issue with music and such. (John Sebastian apparently did some music for the pilot.)

At least the pilot has been released to VHS though. Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Pole Position" is now complete on DVD! (Although in separate DVD set releases.)

The first 10 episodes were released on this DVD set.

I just ran across this on Amazon.com - On October 16, 2012, Mill Creek released a DVD set entitled "TV Toons To Go - 100 Cartoon Collection".
The missing 3 episodes of "Pole Position" are included on this DVD release! Yay! Smile Cool

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
"Pole Position" is now complete on DVD! (Although in separate DVD set releases.)

The first 10 episodes were released on this DVD set.

I just ran across this on Amazon.com - On October 16, 2012, Mill Creek released a DVD set entitled "TV Toons To Go - 100 Cartoon Collection".
The missing 3 episodes of "Pole Position" are included on this DVD release! Yay! Smile Cool

Nice to know Pole Position is available complete in region 1 now!

the complete series has been available in the UK for a few years now in a single collection:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pole-Position-Complete-Collection-DVD/dp/B0014JGFFK

Theres also a Region 4 Australian release!

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INHUMANOIDS! INHUMANOIDS!

Seeing as how the incomplete and now out of print USA DVD releases are selling for close to $60-100 each, why not just pick up the 100% complete (ALL 13 episodes and toy commercials!) 2-Disc collection released in the UK?

This set JUST went out of print 6 months ago (and had only small, sporadic print runs since 2005), so now is the time to pick it up before the price sky rockets on this set! Its a little expensive to begin with (I purchased mine from ebay for $36.00 shipped) but worth every penny. I assure you now is the time to get this set before its selling for big bucks and impossible to find!

Excellent remastered quality! Available from Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inhumanoids-Evil-That-Lies-Within/dp/B000818V9I

Inhumanoids is one of the greatest 80s cartoons ever produced! I can not recommend this set enough to any fan of the series, or if you love GI Joe and Transformers, check out Inhumanoids! Its the secret little brother to those series and in fact features much of the same voice cast and same animation style!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Thanks for the tip. Smile Cool

King '80s
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Stars is here and it's the complete series!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=space%20stars%20dvd&sprefix=space+stars+d%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aspace%20stars%20dvd

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this. I read about this a while back and posted news about it elsewhere, but I haven't updated this thread in quite a while- so, good to have the reminder. Smile Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Adventures-Raggedy-Andy-DVDs-Announced/19402

Yay! The 1988-1989 cartoon series "The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy" is coming to DVD in its entirety on May 13, 2014!

There are also going to be 3 single disc releases on DVD of the series on the same day- but if you're a fan of the series, you might as well get the whole thing- there were only 13 episodes altogether. I remember watching this one as a kid- great cartoon series based on a classic children's book series by Johnny Gruelle- and of course, the famous dolls.

Nice to see this cartoon on DVD.

"The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy" is scheduled to be available in a complete series DVD set on May 13, 2014. Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Available today, The New Adventures of Jonny Quest is now on DVD. This is the 13 episode run of cartoons that ran from 1986-1987 and it's complete on this DVD set. Very Happy Cool

http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/code/1000497404.do?promo=videoJONNYQUEST80Shome

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My Little Pony" (AKA "My Little Pony 'N' Friends") is getting released in a complete series set to DVD! On September 30th. this year, Shout! Factory and Hasbro team up to release a 4 disc set of all 65 episodes of the 1984-1987 series!

(Rhino Entertainment actually released the First Season and Second Season of "My Little Pony" a decade ago- http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Complete-Season/dp/B0004Z349U/ref=sr_1_34?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1402432915&sr=1-34&keywords=%22My+Little+Pony%22
But those DVD releases are long out of print. So, for fans who missed those the first time, here's another chance to get them on DVD and a for a cheap price too- Amazon has Shout!'s set discounted to 20 bucks!

Read more and see the cover art here-

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Little-Pony-Friends-The-Complete-Series/19894

And here's a fun Youtube video with all the intros for "My Little Pony" series thus far (which I used to research the lyrics for this post's subject line. )

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22My+Little+Pony%22+%2B+1980s

(Note: I don't know if the original pilot specials will be included in this release. Rhino included them in its DVD set, so hopefully Shout! Factory will do the same for its DVD set too.)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! "Denver The Last Dinosaur" is coming to DVD in a complete series set on September 16th. Very Happy Cool
It's available for pre-order at Amazon.com now.

Check the link for more details.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Denver-Dinosaur-The-Complete-Series/19901

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1982 cartoon series, "Gilligan's Planet", is now available on DVD in a complete series set from Warner Archive!!!!!!!
See the cover art and order link below.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gilligans-Planet-The-Complete-Series/20085

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: