80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Scooby-Doo:13 Spooky Tales DVD series (80s eps.!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Scooby-Doo:13 Spooky Tales DVD series (80s eps.!) Reply with quote

Hey, Scooby-Doo- Where are You? Smile
He's right here on this new DVD release that contains a number of episodes never before released on DVD! ("Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales Around The World"). And some of these episodes are from Scooby-Doo cartoon series that have not yet had season releases to DVD yet! And yes- some of these ran in the 1980s, and that's why I am including this release in this forum.
I have long been a big fan of Scooby-Doo in general and I have seen at least some of all his various cartoon series and most every movie.
The series of course started with the famous "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" show back in 1969 and that series has been released to DVD. Most of the other Scooby releases have been shows either from the '70s or '90s and 2000s, so I've been limited on releases that fit the scope of this Website forum. (I do occasionally post threads for releases of cartoons or live action shows from other time periods in other threads when it's something I think is really cool- but I generally try to focus on scouting out the 1980s cartoon releases for this forum.)
So anyway- other than "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" (which I LOVE, by the way), Volume 1 for "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show", "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo" series and the 3 TV-movies from the late '80s ("Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers", "Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School", "Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf")- not much else has been released for Scooby-Doo from the '80s on DVD.
But this release today will finally bring some episodes from some '70s and '80s Scooby series to DVD at last! Hopefully, this release will lead to the full release of those series to DVD.
For now though, here are 13 episodes to enjoy. (The packaging says 13, but some may prefer to count it as 12, since there's a 2-part episode on here.)
Here's the breakdown- (Someone was nice enough to post this on Amazon.com - I've added the show each episode is from and the years it ran.)

DISC ONE:

1. The Fiesta Host is an Aztec Ghost (Mexico) (1976-1978, in syndication under "The Scooby-Doo Show" title- aired as a "lost" episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" as a segment on "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour" in 1976)

2. The Harum-Scarum Sanitarium (Canada) (1976-1978, in syndication under "The Scooby-Doo Show" title- aired as a "lost" episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" as a segment on "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour" in 1976)

3. The Spirits of '76 (Washington, D.C.) (1976-1978, in syndication under "The Scooby-Doo Show" title- aired as a "lost" episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" as a segment on "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour" in 1976)

4. A Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle (Atlantic Ocean) (1976-1978, in syndication under "The Scooby-Doo Show" title - aired as a "lost" episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" as a segment on "Scooby's All-Stars" in 1978)

5. To Switch a Witch (Salem, Massachusetts) (1976-1978, in syndication under "The Scooby-Doo Show" title - aired as a "lost" episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" as a segment on "Scooby's All-Stars" in 1978)

6. A Menace in Venice (Italy) (1976-1978, in syndication under "The Scooby-Doo Show" title - aired as a "lost" episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" as a segment on "Scooby's All-Stars" in 1978)

DISC TWO:
7. Shiver and Shake, That Demon's a Snake! (Haiti, Florida Keys and New Orleans, Louisiana) (1979-1980, "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo", aired October 20, 1979)

8. Lock the Door, It's a Minotaur! (Greece) (1979-1980, "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo", aired December 29, 1979)

9. The Ozark Witch Switch (Ozark Mountains, US) (1976-1978, in syndication under "The Scooby-Doo Show" title - aired as a "lost" episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" as a segment on "Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics" in 1977)

10. Jeepers, It's the Jaguaro! (Brazil) (1976-1978, in syndication under "The Scooby-Doo Show" title - aired as a "lost" episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" as a segment on "Scooby's All-Stars" in 1978)

11. Moonlight Madness (Austria) (1980-1982, "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show", a 7 minute short that was bunched with 2 others, aired on January 10, 1981)

12a. Ghosts of the Ancient Astronauts (Part 1) (South America, never specified) (1983-1984, "The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries" [formerly known as "The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show" in the first season], aired on October 13, 1984)

12b. Ghosts of the Ancient Astronauts (Part 2) (South America, never specified) (1983-1984, "The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries" [formerly known as "The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show" in the first season], aired on October 13, 1984)

You can get this DVD, released today, on Amazon.com Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O

Last edited by MacGyver on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:22 am; edited 4 times in total
hungykidd
Radical

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Scooby-Doo- Where are You? Smile Love this cartoon.
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed easiest to list this new DVD release in this thread, as Warner Bros. is releasing another Scooby-Doo DVD that seems to be following in the same vein as the release I previously talked about here.
On October 16, 2012, a new Scooby-Doo DVD entitled "Scooby-Doo: 13 Spooky Tales- Holiday Chills and Thrills" will be released.
As you might guess, judging by the cover art which you can view here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Doo-13-Spooky-Tales-Holiday-Chills-and-Thrills/17126), this release primarily features episodes set at Christmas.
And yes, there are some episodes from '80s incarnations of Scooby-Doo that will be included on this DVD release.
Here's a breakdown of the episodes to be included, pulled (and edited slightly) from a helpful review on Amazon.com:

1.Scooby-Doo! Haunted Holidays (2012, NEW half-hour TV special)
2.Scooby-Doo! Christmas (2002-2005, "What's New Scooby-Doo?", already released)
3.Tenderbigfoot (1980-1982, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, 7-minute short, originally aired October 31, 1981 as segment on "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show", NEW to DVD)
4.Snow Job Too Small (1980-1982, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, 7-minute short, originally aired December 18, 1982 as segment on "The Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour", NEW to DVD)
5.The Nutcracker Scoob Part 1 (1983-1984, "The New Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Show", already released)
6.5.The Nutcracker Scoob Part 2 (1983-1984, "The New Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Show", already released)
7.A Scary Night With a Snow Beast Fright (1976-1978, "The Scooby-Doo Show", already released)
8.Scooby-Doo Meets Laurel & Hardy AKA The Ghost of Bigfoot (1972-1973, "The New Scooby-Doo Movies", already released)
9.There's No Creature Like Snow Creature (2002-2005, "What's New Scooby-Doo?", already released)
10.Rocky Mountain Yiiii (1979-1980, "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo", originally aired December 15, 1979, NEW to DVD)
11.That's Snow Ghost (1969-1971, "Scooby-Doo Where Are You?", already released)
12.Watt a Shocking Ghost (1976-1978, "The Scooby-Doo Show", originally aired as segment on "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour", already released)
13.Toy Scary Boo (2002-2005, "What's New Scooby-Doo?", already released)

(Note: "The Scooby-Doo Show" is the blanket name given for the syndicated episodes modeled after "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?", that ran from 1976-1978 and aired as segments on various shows including: "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour", "Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics", "Scooby's All-Stars" and some ran as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" under that same title.
"The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" ran for three seasons, changing its name to "The Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour" in the third season.)

If Warner Bros. keeps doing such themed releases, maybe more episodes from the '80s (and other years too, of course) incarnations of Scooby-Doo will finally make it to DVD. I would certainly welcome complete series releases of all the various shows. Scooby Dooby Doo! Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinkies! We now have a third entry in this "13 Spooky Tales" DVD release series.
"Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Run For Your 'Rife'" will release to DVD on September 10, 2013- just in time to tie in with Halloween later in October.
And this DVD release definitely has a Halloween theme going, as you'll see in the list of 13 episodes from various series to be included. We get a number of classic episodes from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" on here, which is definitely nice to see in such a compilation- but these episodes have already been released. However, we also get some more episodes from '80s cartoon versions of Scooby-Doo!
Very Happy Cool
(Note: Technically, it's really 12 episodes, since a 2-part episode is included. So I guess it just depends on how you count it on whether or not it's truly "13".)

Here's a breakdown of the episodes included: (Note: I have indicated where cartoons are NEW to DVD. Everything else has previously been released to DVD. I have also noted where it's an episode from a 1980s cartoon.)

Disc 1
1. Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow (NEW 22 minute cartoon- and of course, NEW to DVD.)

2. Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Werewolf? (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
3. A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
4. Which Witch is Which (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
5. A Tiki Scare is No Fair (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
6. Scared A Lot in Camelot (The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour)

(Note: There was some confusion on the 7th. episode included here. It is actually this episode:

Hang in there, Scooby-Doo (The Scooby-Doo Show; originally aired as a segment on Scooby-Doo's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics) (NEW to DVD)

However, there is another episode with a very similar title that the above-mentioned episode should not be confused with:

Hang in there, Scooby (The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show) - If this episode had been included, then I would have noted that this episode has already been released on "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" Volume 1 DVD set. And this episode was originally aired November 22, 1980.)

Disc 2
Snow Job Too Small (The Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour) (originally aired December 18, 1982)
The Stoney Glare Stare (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries) (originally aired September 22, 1984) (NEW to DVD)
Scooby-Doo and a Mummy, Too ("Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!")
A Scooby-Doo! Halloween - ("What's New, Scooby-Doo?")
Scoobra-Kadoobra (The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) (originally aired September 14, 1985)
Scooby in Kwackyland (The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) (originally aired November 9, 1985)

(Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Doo-13-Spooky-Tales-Run-For-Your-Rife/18478)

Go to the link above to see the cover art and more details.

Zoinks! Maybe we'll get all the '80s Scooby-Doo episodes released eventually to DVD through this compilation releases. Hopefully though, Hanna-Barbera (i.e. Warner Bros. now, as they own H-B now) will eventually release full season DVD sets.
But this is still great to see in the meantime. Very Happy Cool

[Note: Just for the sake of completeness, I'll note here that the following episode was originally planned for the DVD:

A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle, Part I (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries) (originally aired October 27, 1984) (NEW to DVD)
A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle, Part II (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries) (originally aired October 27, 1984) (NEW to DVD)

but was scrapped in favor of :

Maybe we'll get to see that scrapped 2-parter episode on another DVD release sometime though.]

Last edited by MacGyver on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoinks, man! Here's a fourth entry in this series!
On September 24, 2013 another DVD is planned for release entitled, "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Ruh-Roh Robot!".

And as one would guess from the title, this collection of 13 episodes will focus on Scooby-Doo and the gang's various encounters with robots on their different series. And a number of episodes from 1980s incarnations of Scooby-Doo that have yet to get complete series DVD releases of their own will be included!
(Note: Technically, it's really 12 episodes, since a 2-part episode is included. So I guess it just depends on how you count it on whether or not it's truly "13".)

Here's the breakdown:
(Note: I have indicated where cartoons are NEW to DVD. Everything else has previously been released to DVD. I have also noted where it's an episode from a 1980s cartoon.)

1. Scooby Doo and the Maniacal Mecha Mutt (NEW 22 minute cartoon- and of course, NEW to DVD)
2. Foul Play in Funland (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
3. The Scary Sky Skeleton (Scooby and Scrappy-Doo, NEW to DVD; first aired October 27, 1979 [This episode aired in the late '70s, but the series itself ran from 1979 to 1980, so it can count under here too. Smile)
4. Way Out Scooby (The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Hour, NEW to DVD; first aired January 10, 1981)
5. Who's Scooby-Doo? (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour, NEW to DVD; first aired October 23, 1982)
6. Disappearing Car Caper (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour, NEW to DVD; first aired November 20, 1982)
7. The Dinosaur Deception (The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show, NEW to DVD; first aired September 17, 1983)
8. The Hand of Horror (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired September 15, 1984)
9. Doom Service (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired October 6, 1984)
10. A Code in the Nose (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired October 6, 1984)
11. The Bee Team (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired September 29, 1984)
12. A Night Louse at the White House, Part I (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired November 3, 1984)
13. A Night Louse at the White House, Part II (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, new to DVD; first aired November 3, 1984)

I'm glad we're getting so many of these episodes from series like "Scooby and Scrappy-Doo", "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Hour", "The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour", "The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show", and "The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries".
I'd love to see all these different series eventually get full series DVD releases too, but at least this is something for now.

Check out the cover art and more information here-
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/New-Scooby-Doo-Mysteries-13-Spooky-Tales-Ruh-Roh-Robot/18574

Last edited by MacGyver on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these collections look great! Thanks for keeping up on them! Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no problem. As you might can tell, Scooby-Doo is one of my longtime favorites. Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jinkies! We now have a third entry in this "13 Spooky Tales" DVD release series.
"Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Run For Your 'Rife'" will release to DVD on September 10, 2013- just in time to tie in with Halloween later in October.
And this DVD release definitely has a Halloween theme going, as you'll see in the list of 13 episodes from various series to be included. We get a number of classic episodes from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" on here, which is definitely nice to see in such a compilation- but these episodes have already been released. However, we also get some more episodes from '80s cartoon versions of Scooby-Doo!

Here's a breakdown of the episodes included: (Note: I have indicated where cartoons are NEW to DVD. Everything else has previously been released to DVD. I have also noted where it's an episode from a 1980s cartoon.)

Disc 1
1. Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow (NEW 22 minute cartoon- and of course, NEW to DVD.)

2. Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Werewolf? (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
3. A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
4. Which Witch is Which (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
5. A Tiki Scare is No Fair (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
6. Scared A Lot in Camelot (The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour)

(Note: There is some confusion on the 7th. episode included here. From what I can tell, it looks like it is this episode:

Hang in there, Scooby-Doo (The Scooby-Doo Show; originally aired as a segment on Scooby-Doo's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics) (NEW to DVD)

However, there is another episode with a very similar title:

Hang in there, Scooby (The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show) - If this is the episode to be included, then this episode has already been released on "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" Volume 1 DVD set. And this episode was originally aired November 22, 1980.)

Disc 2
Snow Job Too Small (The Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour) (originally aired December 18, 1982)
The Stoney Glare Stare (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries) (originally aired September 22, 1984) (NEW to DVD)
A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle, Part I (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries) (originally aired October 27, 1984) (NEW to DVD)
A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle, Part II (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries) (originally aired October 27, 1984) (NEW to DVD)
Scoobra-Kadoobra (The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) (originally aired September 14, 1985)
Scooby in Kwackyland (The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) (originally aired November 9, 1985)

(Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Doo-13-Spooky-Tales-Run-For-Your-Rife/18478)

Go to the link above to see the cover art and more details.

Zoinks! Maybe we'll get all the '80s Scooby-Doo episodes released eventually to DVD through this compilation releases. Hopefully though, Hanna-Barbera (i.e. Warner Bros. now, as they own H-B now) will eventually release full season DVD sets.
But this is still great to see in the meantime.

Update on this one- some episodes have been changed from what was originally planned to the actual DVD release.

These episodes have been dropped-

And in their place, these episodes have been added:

Last edited by MacGyver on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Zoinks, man! Here's a fourth entry in this series!
On September 24, 2013 another DVD is planned for release entitled, "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Ruh-Roh Robot!".

And as one would guess from the title, this collection of 13 episodes will focus on Scooby-Doo and the gang's various encounters with robots on their different series. And a number of episodes from 1980s incarnations of Scooby-Doo that have yet to get complete series DVD releases of their own will be included!

Here's the breakdown:
(Note: I have indicated where cartoons are NEW to DVD. Everything else has previously been released to DVD. I have also noted where it's an episode from a 1980s cartoon.)

1. Foul Play in Funland (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
2. The Scary Sky Skeleton (Scooby and Scrappy-Doo, NEW to DVD; first aired October 27, 1979 [This episode aired in the late '70s, but the series itself ran from 1979 to 1980, so it can count under here too. )
3. Way Out Scooby (The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Hour, NEW to DVD; first aired January 10, 1981)
4. Who's Scooby-Doo? (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour, NEW to DVD; first aired October 23, 1982)
5. Disappearing Car Caper (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour, NEW to DVD; first aired November 20, 1982)
6. The Dinosaur Deception (The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show, NEW to DVD; first aired September 17, 1983)
7. The Hand of Horror (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired September 15, 1984)
8. Doom Service (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired October 6, 1984)
9. A Code in the Nose (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired October 6, 1984)
10. The Bee Team (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired September 29, 1984)
11. A Night Louse at the White House, Part I (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, NEW to DVD; first aired November 3, 1984)
12. A Night Louse at the White House, Part II (The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, new to DVD; first aired November 3, 1984)
13. Scooby Doo and the Maniacal Mecha Mutt (NEW 22 minute cartoon- and of course, NEW to DVD)

I'm glad we're getting so many of these episodes from series like "Scooby and Scrappy-Doo", "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Hour", "The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour", "The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show", and "The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries".
I'd love to see all these different series eventually get full series DVD releases too, but at least this is something for now.

Check out the cover art and more information here-
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/New-Scooby-Doo-Mysteries-13-Spooky-Tales-Ruh-Roh-Robot/18574

Minor update on this one.

The brand new special (Scooby Doo and the Maniacal Mecha Mutt (NEW 22 minute cartoon- and of course, NEW to DVD)- would seem to be listed as the first item on the DVD menu and then everything else is most likely in the same order. (This is based on the listing seen on the back of the DVD cover.)

riven3d
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one thing Scooby-Doo and Shaggy love more than solving a good mystery… stuffing their mouths with more tasty treats than they can eat! Scooby and Shaggy's snack-hungry tummies have caused trouble for the rest of the gang time and time again, but the two always step up to the plate to help solve the many mysteries they encounter. Now our favorite "meddling kids" discover what happens when the snacks fight back! From a giant hamburger monster to a cursed pizza to a creature haunting a (say it isn't so) Scooby snack factory, the gang will need plenty of guts to close these cases. If you've got an appetite for spooky adventures with Scooby-Doo and crew, pick up this tasty collection of episodes today that the whole family will enjoy!

Warner Home Video has announced that on January 7th they will release Scooby-Doo - 13 Spooky Tales: Love of Snack on DVD. The single-disc release doesn't have cover art yet, but the cost is $19.98 SRP. Here's the baker's dozen list of episodes which are included:

Wanted Cheddar Alive
Night of the Living Burger
The Devouring
Big Appetite in Little Tokyo
Scooby's Bull Fright/Stow-Aways/Long John Scrappy
Scooby Ghosts West/Swamp Witch/Waxworld
Scooby's Swiss Miss/Et Tu, Scoob?/Soggy Bog, Scooby
South Seas Scare/Scooby Gumbo/Alaskan King Coward
When the Cicada Calls
Hothouse Scooby/Scooby Doo 2000/Punk Rock Scooby
Recipe for Disaster
The Gathering Gloom
The Many Faces of Evil

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/19009

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You beat me to posting about it, riven3d. Thanks for helping out. Cool
Jeepers! Another Scooby-Doo DVD? And more episodes from series as yet unreleased to DVD!!! Very Happy Cool

While I still would love to see the actual '80s Scooby-Doo series get full series DVD releases, it's good to see more episodes from these series released here. And the theme releases are pretty cool, especially when they are made to be pretty complete. Limiting it to 13 narrows the scope, but that's a pretty good number of episodes though. And there are enough Scooby-Doo episodes out there to merit doing collections of all their encounters with various supernatural phenomena and other such villians- vampires, werewolves, Frankenstein's monster, mad scientists, ghosts, wild animals, etc.

Anyway- looks like this one ("Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For The Love of Snack") will focus on Scooby's and Shaggy's love of snacks and that's certainly a great one for a collection of episodes!
Here's the breakdown for each episode:
(I've marked where it's an episode NEW to DVD and what year it's from.)

1. Wanted: Cheddar Alive ("A Pup Named Scooby-Doo"- first time episodes from this series has been included- but the whole series has already been released to DVD- classic late '80s cartoon- one of my favorites.)

2. Night of the Living Burger ("A Pup Named Scooby-Doo")

3. The Devouring ("Scooby-Doo! Mystery, Incorporated"- I think this may be the first time an episode from this series has been included on these compilation DVDs too.)

4. Big Appetite in Little Tokyo ("What's New Scooby-Doo?")

5. Scooby's Bull Fright/Stow-Aways/Long John Scrappy (All three of these are 7 minute shorts from "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show", though they are not paired together as they were when they originally aired. Here are the airdates respectively: December 6, 1980, November 15, 1980, and November 29, 1980- all previously released to DVD on "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" Volume 1 DVD)

6. Scooby Ghosts West/Swamp Witch/Waxworld (All three of these are 7 minute shorts from "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show", though they are not paired together as they were when they originally aired. Here are the airdates respectively: December 6, 1980, December 13, 1980, and December 20, 1980- all previously released to DVD on "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" Volume 1 DVD)

7. Scooby's Swiss Miss/Et Tu, Scoob?/Soggy Bog, Scooby (All three of these are 7 minute shorts from "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show", though they are not paired together as they were when they originally aired. Here are the airdates respectively: December 27, 1980, January 3, 1981, and January 3, 1981 - all NEW to DVD)

8. South Seas Scare/Scooby Gumbo/Alaskan King Coward (All three of these are 7 minute shorts from "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show", though they are not paired together as they were when they originally aired. Here are the airdates respectively: December 27, 1980, January 3, 1981, and December 27, 1980- all NEW to DVD, except for "Alaskan King Coward" [released on "Scooby-Doo! Winter Wonderdog" DVD compilation])

9. When the Cicada Calls ("Scooby-Doo! Mystery, Incorporated")

10. Hothouse Scooby/Scooby-Doo 2000/Punk Rock Scooby (All three of these are 7 minute shorts from "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show", though they are not paired together as they were when they originally aired. Here are the airdates respectively: October 24, 1981, October 17, 1981 and October 17, 1981- all NEW to DVD)

11. Recipe for Disaster ("What's New Scooby-Doo?")

12. The Gathering Gloom ("Scooby-Doo! Mystery, Incorporated")

13. The Many Faces of Evil ("Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue!"- NEW to DVD.)

Very Happy Cool

Last edited by MacGyver on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Note: There is some confusion on the 7th. episode included here. From what I can tell, it looks like it is this episode:

However, there is another episode with a very similar title:

Hang in there, Scooby (The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show) - If this is the episode to be included, then this episode has already been released on "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" Volume 1 DVD set. And this episode was originally aired November 22, 1980.)

To clarify this, on the "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Run for Your 'Rife' " DVD release, the episode included is indeed "Hang in there, Scooby-Doo" from "The Scooby-Doo Show", which originally aired as a segment on "Scooby-Doo's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics" and it is NEW to DVD.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
13. The Many Faces of Evil (As far as I can tell, I don't think this is an episode title of any Scooby-Doo series. Thus, this is most likely a new 22 minute Scooby-Doo episode! So, definitely NEW to DVD.)

Update on this one- I'm sorry; this actually is an episode of a Scooby-Doo show. I scanned through all of the various episode guides, but I guess I missed this one. This is actually an episode of "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue!"- Nice to see this often forgotten series get an episode included on this DVD compilation series. And as it happens- it's also NEW to DVD!) Very Happy Cool

Now, let me preface this by saying that I generally love most all incarnations of my favorite shows and cartoons and characters, etc. I generally try to look for the good in everything and typically I can find something I like and enjoy. And to be fair, there are aspects of "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue!" that I enjoy. But though I'm generally the last one to pick a favorite (because I never can do that very well, it seems)- I will say that this is probably easily my least favorite of the Scooby-Doo series. (Well, "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo" would also be a least favorite, but that's for totally different reasons.) This one just is quite different from the standard formula (so, points for originality and trying something different)- but I just don't get into it as much. It is interesting that the cartoon characters seem to be modeled after the live action movies. And I'm glad that Daphne, Velma and Fred do show up on occasion, but overall they are not really in the show for the most part. This isn't the first time we've seen Shaggy and Scooby off by themselves, of course. And I still enjoy the show pretty well- it's one of the few times we've really had a recurring villian for Scooby-Doo. And I love the Napoleon Dynamite doppelgangers on the cartoon. Laughing (Of course, I love that movie too.) So yeah- it's not my favorite, but I have watched some of it and eventually I would probably like to watch the whole series. The best I can say for it is that I like it okay even though it's not my favorite. (And as a completist in general, I still want to see the whole series.) Unfortunately, only a handful of episodes are available on DVD here and there- in fact, this is the first episode from Season 2 to make it to DVD. Hopefully, this whole series will be on DVD soon, along with all the other Scooby-Doo cartoons.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah- and you can check out the cover art for this upcoming DVD release (January 7, 2014) here.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Scrappy-Doo-13-Spooky-Tales-Love-of-Snack/19051

I like how we have The Living Burger menacing the gang on the cover and of course, this is the teenage (or perhaps young adult- I'm not sure if their ages are ever quite specified) gang we've known since 1969. It's just funny to me because that villian is a villian from an episode of "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" (which depicted the gang as kids)- so it's funny to see that juxtaposition.
It will always be quite an interesting mix of shows from different years and styles on this DVD.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And lastly, I have gone back and edited my previous posts listing the contents of the various DVD releases, so that they are all now accurate. (Hopefully that will help avoid any confusion for people reading through all the posts from top to bottom.)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor update- the upcoming January 7, 2014 DVD release is actually called "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For The Love of Snack", according to the cover art on the Amazon.com page.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this isn't a "13 Spooky Tales" DVD release, but I thought I'd mention it here, since this seems to be the best thread for it.
Warner Bros. has also done a number of themed Scooby-Doo DVD releases with 3 episodes on it for those who just want a cheap, quick Scooby fix. Various DVD releases have been done with Scooby-Doo and the gang facing off against ghosts, zombies, robots, sea monsters, etc.
And now, on January 14, 2014- another such release is scheduled. "Scooby-Doo! and the Vampires".

Here are the three episodes included:
"The Vampire Strikes Back" (What's New Scooby-Doo?)
"A Fit Night Out for Bats" (The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Hour)
"Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats" (Scooby's All-Star Laff-A Lympics/The Scooby-Doo Show)

Now the first episode has already been released as part of the "What's New Scooby-Doo?" Season DVD sets. And the second episode here, "A Fit Night Out for Bats" has already been released on "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" Volume 1 DVD set. And the third episode on there, "Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats" has been released on another compilation DVD called "Scooby-Doo's Spookiest Tales".

You can see the cover art here.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Whats-New-Scooby-Doo-Scooby-Doo-and-the-Vampires/19128

Unfortunately, all the episodes included here have been released already, but I think this may be the first time an episode of "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" has been included. Warner Bros. seems to be continuing to randomly release episodes from different series on various compilation DVDs like this, so I continue to keep an eye out for these releases because you never know where a previously unreleased episode from one of the Scooby-Doo series that doesn't have season DVD releases might get released.

(Note: I mainly wanted to mention this DVD release due to "Vampires, Bats and Scaredy Cats" being rereleased here. I don't know what edit is included, but I wanted to point out that its previous DVD release on the compilation DVD "Scooby-Doo's Spookiest Tales" is actually slightly edited from its original release. So I don't know if this release uses that edit or if it's been restored to its original version. Hopefully, it's the original version.)
(For more on this issue, check out The Scooby-Doo Wiki entry for it- http://scoobydoo.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Bats_and_Scaredy_Cats)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gang- it looks like we've got another DVD on our hands! Very Happy Cool

Warner Bros. is releasing "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Field of Screams" on May 13, 2014! Smile
(See more details and the cover art here- http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Scrappy-Doo-Field-of-Screams/19403)

And we get a NEW episode created just for this DVD release on this one too! Cool! And nice to see a collection of sports-related episodes- and nice to see soccer get the cover spotlight (as a sport that isn't traditionally as popular in America as other countries.)

As usual, here's the breakdown of what's NEW to DVD on this release and the year and show for NEW releases. Previously released episodes will just have the show it's from for identification.

Synopsis:
When it comes to solving mysteries, Scooby-Doo and the gang are professionals. When it comes to playing sports, not so much. While on vacation, Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma take in a game of soccer. Everyone panics as a mythical beast appears and threatens to end the game. Scooby's goal is to canine-kick his way to victory, but is he up to the challenge? And suit up for hours of fun in 12 more episodes with Scooby-Doo and his tried-and-true teammates. Whether it's playing baseball, football or tennis, watch the gang tackle demons, ghouls, monsters and more. Don't be a spectator. Get in the game and bring this winning collection home for the whole family!

•Disc 1:
1.Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals! (NEW episode and of course, NEW to DVD!)
2.Night on Haunted Mountain (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated; previously released to DVD)
3.The Demon of the Dugout (originally aired November 3, 1979; "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo"- NEW to DVD)
4.The Ghost That Sacked the Quarterback (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour" DVD set)
5.The Warlock of Wimbledon (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])
6.The Beast Is Awake in Bottomless Lake (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])
7.Rocky Mountain Yiiiiii! (originally aired December 15, 1979; "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo" episode previously released on "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Holiday Chills and Thrills" compilation DVD set)

•Disc 2:
8.Basketball Bumblers/Maltese Mackerel/Yabba's Rustle Hustle (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour- this is the first "Yabba-Doo" segment to get a DVD release! The segments here are not paired as they originally aired though- but all are NEW to DVD!)
9.8 Picnic Poopers/Muscle Trouble/Alien Schmalien (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour- another Yabba-Doo segment here and all segments NEW to DVD!)
10.The Unnatural (What's New, Scooby-Doo?; previously released to DVD)
11.Scooby and the Minotaur/Scooby Pinch Hits (The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show- NEW to DVD! [and both segments are paired as originally aired on October 29, 1983.)
12.The Fast and the Wormious (What's New, Scooby-Doo?; previously released to DVD)
13.Gentleman, Start Your Monsters (What's New, Scooby-Doo?; previously released to DVD)

(Note: "The Scooby-Doo Show" is the blanket name given for the syndicated episodes modeled after "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?", that ran from 1976-1978 and aired as segments on various shows including: "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour", "Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics", "Scooby's All-Stars" and some ran as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" under that same title.
"The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" ran for three seasons, changing its name to "The Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour" in the third season.)

Good to see this series of DVD releases still moving on- I just wish Warner Bros. could make it more organized by giving the individual shows full series DVD releases. But in any case- at least episodes are getting released. I'm particularly excited to see two Yabba-Doo segments released; I remember watching "The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour" as a kid and particularly enjoying those segments- so it will be nice to finally see that again. I hope eventually we'll see complete series sets of these various Scooby-Doo shows on DVD as well. The Scooby-Doo Detective Agency (or Mystery, Inc. if you prefer) will keep on the job searching for clues! Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking that's it's kind of a bummer that the "Field of Screams" DVD release is not including any episodes of "Laff-A-Lympics". It seems like a sports-themed DVD compilation would be great for getting the other 8 episodes of that series released. The first season has been released over the course of three different volumes of DVDs, but the whole second season is still not available on DVD. It would be nice to see this Scooby-Doo series finished on DVD soon.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an update to the "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Field of Screams" DVD. One of the episodes was traded out. Instead of "The Unnatural" (What's New, Scooby-Doo? episode; previously released to DVD), we get "The Creepy Case of Old Iron Face" instead. (According to the [url=http://scoobydoo.wikia.com/wiki/Scooby-Doo!_13_Spooky_Tales:_Field_of_Screams]Scoobypedia Wiki[/url].) This episode has previously been released on the DVD release "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Complete Third Season (which is really the third season of "The Scooby-Doo Show") The weird thing is- a sports-related episode is getting traded out for one that's not sports-related. Oh well.
Here's the revised list of episodes:

•Disc 1:
1.Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals! (NEW episode and of course, NEW to DVD!)
2.Night on Haunted Mountain (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated; previously released to DVD)
3.The Demon of the Dugout (originally aired November 3, 1979; "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo"- NEW to DVD)
4.The Ghost That Sacked the Quarterback (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour" DVD set)
5.The Warlock of Wimbledon (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])
6.The Beast Is Awake in Bottomless Lake (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])
7.Rocky Mountain Yiiiiii! (originally aired December 15, 1979; "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo" episode previously released on "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Holiday Chills and Thrills" compilation DVD set)

•Disc 2:
8.Basketball Bumblers/Maltese Mackerel/Yabba's Rustle Hustle (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour- this is the first "Yabba-Doo" segment to get a DVD release! The segments here are not paired as they originally aired though- but all are NEW to DVD!)
9.8 Picnic Poopers/Muscle Trouble/Alien Schmalien (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour- another Yabba-Doo segment here and all segments NEW to DVD!)
10. The Creepy Case of Old Iron Face (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])
11.Scooby and the Minotaur/Scooby Pinch Hits (The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show- NEW to DVD! [and both segments are paired as originally aired on October 29, 1983.)
12.The Fast and the Wormious (What's New, Scooby-Doo?; previously released to DVD)
13.Gentleman, Start Your Monsters (What's New, Scooby-Doo?; previously released to DVD)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: