80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Need help remembering name of a big robot 80s cartoon movie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saladfork
Radical

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Need help remembering name of a big robot 80s cartoon movie Reply with quote

Hello all!!!

I have a very broken memory of this so I mostly can only describe scenes. I believe it is a stand alone movie and not a series. I saw it around the same time I saw tranzor z. This movie is also about a big robot. so its along the vain of Tranzor Z. the robot does not transform and is not in parts. The good guy anyway. the main bad robot is in pieces that connect.

Main things I remember come from the later portion of the movie.

Towards the end the enemy robot is flying towards the good guys base in a few pieces. One of the pieces is a large orb with 4 or six large spikes coming out of all sides. Another piece flying may be the legs and another may be the chest arms and head. They do not transform they just assemble.

At some point towards the end several "human" sized robots try to open some door. They wire each other together and then one grabs i think the doors And melt the doors along with the smaller robots. Previously One robot was using his hammer arms to open the door and they both broke off. All the human sized robots melt to the horror of this little alien thing that breaths fire and has a high pitched voice. She is like a crazy looking alien squirrel. She is a good guy. The door also melts with them. Now I remember that they were opening the doors to get to the big good robot. Once the doors were melted the crazy squirrel thing goes in and blows her fire into the good robot which wakes him up I'm pretty sure.

In the end fight before the good robot shows up a human good guy ( think he has blond poofy hair) turns into light but still shaped like a human and can fly and tries to fight the bad robot but fails and gets knocked down ( he may or may not try to ride on a missle before getting knocked down) and then turns normal again while clenching his teeth and states "What a landing.". During that fight I think the bad robot is still in pieces.

I am pretty sure the good robot uses a sword to finish off the bad robot like all older cartoon robots! and someone may refer to it as a lance. It is not volron. The good guy I don't believe is in pieces. I think he is just always together and does not transform. Also I don't think anyone drives him but I could be wrong.

I am typing this on my phone. It is very hard. I'll update it with more info later if I can. I have remembered EVERY childhood cartoon I can think of but this one and it's killing me. It could be early 90s but mu gut says 80s. I would know more but half the tape never had sound but I loved it so much I watched it without know wtf people were saying through the first half. Lol.

The alien squirrel thing has a longer snout that shoots fire and a big bushy tail. Its funny because when I read this story back to myself I sound like I was tripping on acid. I swear this is a cartoon that I saw and I need help figuring out which one it was. I need to see it again.

I know its a crazy first post but this has bothered me for so long and I cant take it anymore! lol! Thank you in advance for any help you may give me.

saladfork
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: still searching Reply with quote

I am still actively trying to find what this cartoon was. I think the key to it is the alien squirrel character. I have remembered that it has a long thin snout and it shoots a little flame out of it to "revive" the robot.

It could be a series and not a movie, I am really torn about it. If I had to take a side though I would stick with a cartoon movie. I am also still torn about if it was mid to late 80's or early 90's.

I really need help. I am obsessed with figuring this out!

I even remember where and when I got this movie. It was at this old store called Zares.

One major thing about this search of mine is that my VHS tape of it was messed up when I bought it. So literally the first 3/4ths of the movie had zero sound. No music, no talking. My mom never exchanged it so I watched this movie dozens of times and only heard anything towards the end. I must watch this movie and actually hear it!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you recall if this is an anime movie or Western style animation? From the plot description, I'm guessing anime- in which case, I will probably not be much help, as I don't get big into anime. I'm also thinking it may well be a cartoon movie that you evidently saw a number of times as a kid. Do you remember anything of the title at all or any of the names of any characters?

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt be surprised if it was both series
and movie. Many exported japanamation movies
are simply a collection of 3 or 4 episodes spliced
together.

Do you remember the color scheme of the robot?
Im not sure if looking for a fire-breathing squirrel
would bring up much in a search.Such strangeness
is pretty par for the course for anime, and might
not even merit a mention in a synopsis.

Here's an Italian site translated through google
with several pics of giant robot series/movies

encirobot
see anything familiar?

-----

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to SharpFork to answer saladfork's question:

It's Tekkaman The Space Knight. A few episodes were released on VHS back in the 80s. The "Main" Robot is a solid bot (Named Pegas) that the Hero Tekkaman ride's on through space and goes inside to transform into his space armor. The main "villain" is just a robot that appeared in the first few episodes that flys in parts and pieces itself together, Tekkaman destroys it quickly. The actual villains are aliens on a space station.

And I remember the melting bot scene clearly as it use to make me cry when I was 4. These VHS volumes were released between 1983-86

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Glad you were able to provide the answer, SharpFork. Smile Cool
Thanks for helping out with these questions.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
saladfork
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: OMG!!!!!!! Reply with quote

SharpFork wrote:

It's Tekkaman The Space Knight. A few episodes were released on VHS back in the 80s. The "Main" Robot is a solid bot (Named Pegas) that the Hero Tekkaman ride's on through space and goes inside to transform into his space armor. The main "villain" is just a robot that appeared in the first few episodes that flys in parts and pieces itself together, Tekkaman destroys it quickly. The actual villains are aliens on a space station.

And I remember the melting bot scene clearly as it use to make me cry when I was 4. These VHS volumes were released between 1983-86

Oh my god!!! I just woke my wife up because I was so excited about thisJ!! (she is 9 months pregnant and is not amused).

You have ended years of torture. YEARS!!!! I have searched forever. I dont even know what made me check this forum today. I have not checked in so long because I lost all hope. And I cant believe you have "fork" in your name. What are the chances!!! I dont even know what to say. I am in shock and am in your debt.

Just curious, what was it that I described that gave it away. I posted this question in so many corners of the internet and started to feel like I was insane. If it was that melting robot scene I understand. I also cried so much. I didnt want her friends to die.... even for the greater good.... lol.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

well I'm not getting any sleep tonight... off to youtube....

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: OMG!!!!!!! Reply with quote

saladfork wrote:
SharpFork wrote:

Oh my god!!! I just woke my wife up because I was so excited about thisJ!! (she is 9 months pregnant and is not amused).

You have ended years of torture. YEARS!!!! I have searched forever. I dont even know what made me check this forum today. I have not checked in so long because I lost all hope. And I cant believe you have "fork" in your name. What are the chances!!! I dont even know what to say. I am in shock and am in your debt.

Just curious, what was it that I described that gave it away. I posted this question in so many corners of the internet and started to feel like I was insane. If it was that melting robot scene I understand. I also cried so much. I didnt want her friends to die.... even for the greater good.... lol.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

well I'm not getting any sleep tonight... off to youtube....

Im very happy to have solved your years of torment! Ive been there myself and it can get frustrating. Its also crazy we both have fork in our names. Weird!

Anyway I knew immediately what you wewre talking about. Tekkaman is one of my favorite classic Anime series and I have been a fan of the series ever since my grandmother brought home a VHS from the supermarket back around 1985. Watched that tape til it pooped out on me about ten years later. Determined as an adult, I found the complete series in its raw Japanese form (I believe theres only 2 or 3 English dubbed VHS volumes, totaling not even half the series) and havnt looked back. I watch a Tekkaman episode at least once a week! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: