80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Was He-Man Dirty?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kriss3d
Radical

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im considered Christian but i suppose a very liberal/relaxed towards it.

If anything, He-Man can be considered not evil at all despite the sorcery and everything. If i should analyze this in a religous way, I would say that he in many ways can be compared to a Jesus figure. He dont go flaunting his powers every chance but doesnt change into his powerful being unless he has to. He is respected as the person he is even when not He-Man.

He doesnt use his powers for selfish purposes and all that. Mostly he just helps people. He is sent by his father who afterall still remains the absolute head of the Masters of the Universe - hence a reference to God.
The ghost guy (cant remember his name right now) and Man-At-Arms could be seen as his deciples.

The series does teach you that if you are powerful in any way you should use it to help others and take responsibility for what you do. Its not like kids will grow up beliving in an evil being in the form of a skeleton being evil for the purpose of being evil and the magic just by watching a show as this. People who really belive these things will have such a bad influence on kids really should seek help.. imho.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comparison, particularly with comparing He-Man to a Jesus figure. I have come to see that more in discussions on this thread- I've pretty much said what I wanted to say on this in earlier posts, so I won't go more into it now.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
TSHARKfan1
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what makes me upset, is that He Man contained demons in it, at all. why couldn't Evil-lyn just conjure up regular thug creatures, like skeletons, and elemental forms?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the kinds of supernatural elements that give me pause too. Because I definitely believe in God and His angels as well as Lucifer and his demons- I'm particular about how they are all portrayed on TV shows.
If I can take a good message from the show that points me to Christ, then that is good- and I discard whatever draws me away from Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:21-22)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: