80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Astronaut/spaceman mistaken as savior???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sevmusic
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Astronaut/spaceman mistaken as savior??? Reply with quote

HBO ran short cartoons in between scheduled movies one of them as a short cartoon about an astronaut flying in space and eventually landing on earth in 1st century AD Jerusalem and performing miracles with a hi tech ray gun.

Using the ray gun attracts the attention of the primitive locals and they eventually chase him down to crucify him.

While being chased, the spaceman uses his ray gun to turn water into wine ("vino"), creates piles of fish to feed the hungry and even makes a quick stop in Jesus's place at the last dinner table.

Any ideas? Thank you for reading!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting- sounds like an animated cartoon based on Monty Python's "The Life of Brian". It might even be a cartoon contained in that movie- I'm not sure. I've never seen it as I find it to be fairly blasphemous personally.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah,..it's not in The Life of Brian. Although there is a odd sci-fi scene in it. Brian is being chased across the roof tops by murderous guards. he falls off the roof and lands in the cockpit of a passing spaceship. the aliens are engaged in a space dogfight. the pilot is distracted by a human landing in his back seat, and is shot down and crashes. Brain crawls out of the crater created by the crashed ship unscathed, and marvels at his bizarre luck.
-view scene-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2sI8vIJQY8

sevmusic
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help with this!

The cartoon I'm looking for does have a slight Monty Python hint but this is definitely a cartoon and not the usual MP animated cutouts.

MORE DETAILS: The open scene is the astronaut's ship traveling the solar system and landing on small scaled down planets. One planet he lands on has a huge faucet and when the faucet turns on, the planet is completely covered in water and our astronaut flies away in search of a more land friendly planet and that's when he finds earth.

We never see the astronaut's face he is constantly wearing the moon style astronaut suit with the round helmet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: