80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Care Bear Stare! We care a lot that Care Bears is on DVD :-)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Care Bear Stare! We care a lot that Care Bears is on DVD :-) Reply with quote

Yay! Most all of the classic "Care Bears" cartoons from the '80s have been released to DVD.
Care Bears had 3 specials aired in the 1980s, all of which have also been released to DVD.
"Care Bears in The Land Without Feelings" (1983 special that started the whole animation phenomenon; of course, the characters were around even before that as greeting cards characters.)
http://www.amazon.com/Care-Bears-Land-Without-Feelings/dp/B0013RF9VE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355762070&sr=8-1&keywords=Care+Bears+in+The+Land+Without+Feelings

Then there was "The Care Bears Battle The Freeze Machine" (1984 special, released as a special feature on the 1985 "The Care Bears Movie" reissue onto DVD in 2007.)
http://www.amazon.com/Care-Bears-Movie-Georgia-Engel/dp/B000LP6KM6/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1355762358&sr=1-1&keywords=The+care+bears+movie

Then there's the 1988 "Care Bears: Nutcracker Suite". This was released to DVD as "Care Bears: The Nutcracker" in 2006.
http://www.amazon.com/Care-Bears-Nutcracker/dp/B000HOJR6C/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1355762497&sr=1-1&keywords=Care+Bears%3A+The+Nutcracker

On to the actual cartoon series from the 1980s. The first series was simply called "Care Bears" and started in 1985. It was a syndicated series from DIC and ran for 1 season of 22 episodes. This entire series has been released to DVD under the title "Care Bears: Care-A-Lot Collection" back in 2008.
http://www.amazon.com/Care-Bears-Care---Lot-Collection/dp/B00191AEY6/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1355761877&sr=1-1&keywords=Care+Bears%3A+Care-A-Lot+Collection

The second series was called "The Care Bears Family" and ran on ABC from 1986-1988. These episodes were produced by Nelvana. It ran for 3 seasons.
Just recently, Lionsgate released the majority of these Nelvana episodes to DVD in a collection entitled "Care Bears: The Original Series Collection".
http://www.amazon.com/Care-Bears-Original-Series-Collection/dp/B008QE9UWG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1355761108&sr=8-6&keywords=Care+Bears

However, this is NOT all episodes of the series. But it does include the 1988 special "Care Bears: Nutcracker Suite" as a bonus.
Lionsgate has released a number of DVD discs with a few random episodes of the Nelvana series and this collection basically brings almost all of them together. The two previous releases that were left out are "Give Thanks" and "King of the Moon".
Even so, I am not sure if all episodes of the Nelvana series have been released to DVD amongst all these releases. For someone not totally familiar with the show, it's kinda hard to tell.
Wikipedia indicates that all the Nelvana episodes have been released to DVD in chronological order in Australia however. (Region 4).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Care_Bears_(TV_series)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Quack
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the new release a month ago! Thanks for the info...I needed The Land Without Feelings and Battle the Freeze Machine. Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Glad that it was helpful for you. Very Happy Cool

Now you can do the Care Bear Stare! Care, care, care! Laughing

cravecart00ns
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big sis still has all her carebears stuff from the cloudmobile to the toothpaste. Got my daughter 'share a scare' dvd. Awesome episodes and auto-play is sweet on a dvd. Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! My sister still has a Care Bears sleeping bag from the early '80s- I remember all of us kids used it at different times when we were younger... Smile Cool

MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up getting the Classic Series collection when it was released and my nieces currently have it and are enjoying it Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Glad to see younger generations enjoying 1980s classics. Very Happy Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: