80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New He-man?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle Grayskull at 71% we may actually do this!

You have until the 12th (they added a couple extra days) to preorder.

Everyone who preorders will also get a new crossale poster similar to the ones from the vintage line.

Rudy Obero's going to be doing the box art again and the fans will get to vote on which characters will be featured in the scene!

But this is only if it goes forward so if you're still on the fence, take the jump!

In other news, Toyguru has confirmed the sellouts on the evergreen items like He-Man was just that Digital River ran out of their on hand stock and had to wait for a new batch to be sent over. Mattel still has plenty of these items in the warehouse so they'll be around for a while.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news/bad news

Good News: Castle Grayskull is a go! The minimum number has been reached and the humongous playset will be getting made. You can still pre-order one now through January 4. We should see a prototype model at Toyfair next year.

Bad News: I will likely never own one. In fact, I've been forced to put my collection on indefinite hiatus due to financial problems including the fact that I just got ripped off of a large amount by a scam artist. (Please don't ask me to go into details, I'd rather not discuss it) Bottom line is I cannot afford to keep buying every item that comes out, (especially one this pricy) and need to put collecting on the back burner starting now and lasting for a while. I hope that by this time next year if not sooner I can start picking some up again but it's likely that even then I will be reduced to getting only select favorite characters.

Now I will continue to be a part of the fan community and I will keep bringing updates here about what's going on with the line, but don't expect to see any of my personal in hand reviews any time soon.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame to hear. I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune with a scam artist. I trust you can quickly recoup your losses. You might try asking Mattel if they could use someone to review their products- you've done such a great job with it on this site and I'm sure they must welcome the free publicity. Hope it goes well for you and hope you have a good journey. I pray God will restore things for you soon. Take care and God bless.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what hurts the most is how I was so strongly supporting the line and pushing and promoting others to do the same, yet now I have to back out.

I mean most of the figures I'm going to miss out on till I get back on my feet I can probably go back and pick up on the secondary market later. Also I have a few extras of some figures lying around that I was planning to sell or use for custom figures. I'm thinking now I may try trading them to get the ones I miss. That way I can keep collecting but it doesn't cost me money. (and it's no skin off Mattel's profits- they'll have been paid for the figures what do they care if fans trade them?)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a smart way to go. You need to take care of your needs first and sometimes that means you have to curtail on your hobbies. As a collector of way too many things myself, I know how that goes. Trading is a great option to keep up with the releases though. Hope it all goes well for you.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattycollector is having a Black Friday sale.... starting Wednesday.

In what they're calling the "Bigger than Black Friday sale" products will be on sale starting Wednesday morning and going through Monday. Exact items have not been listed. Matty is saying you have to check in Wednesday to see but that there will be several 2012 items that this is likely to be your last chance to get. Also on Monday they'll be having "Flash sales" where new product comes and goes and you have to keep checking back over and over to see what pops up.

Personally I don't like flash sales as you could end up ordering one item then have something else pop up later and have to place another order instead of getting them together and saving on shipping. (Not to mention who has the time to sit at the computer all day refreshing the same page?)

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay the Black Friday sale started and there are quite a few MOTUC available. All the 30th Anniversary line figures are available at full price while older monthly figures are up at a discount. Also they are offering Temple of Darkness Sorceress now despite saying she was going up in December. If you want her I strongly suggest getting her now as I don't think there will be any left in December at this rate. I also kind of question having Castle Grayskullman up. He sold out in mere hours on sale day and many fans have not received their shipment yet. If Mattel is selling off the extra stock now they'll be none available for quality control.

$22
Temple of Darkness Sorceress
The Mighty Spector
Sir Laser Lot
Fearless Photog
Draego-Man
Cy-Chop
Castle Grayskullman

$15.40
Icarius
Snout Spout
Zodak
Count Marzo
Chief Carnivus
Stratos
Faker
Vikor
Grizzlor
Sy-Klone
The Faceless One
Mer-Man
Princess Adora
King Grayskull
Moss Man
Catra
Clawful
Hurricane Hordak
Buzz-Off
Battleground Teela
Battleground Evil-Lyn

$30
Vykron (Both Tank Top and Space Ace versions)

this will likely be the last time most of these are available so keep that in mind. Also remember on Monday the flash sales will take effect so you never know who else may pop up at what price.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update on the sale:

Castle Grayskullman; Temple of Darkness Sorceress; Draego-Man; Zodak; Princess Adora; Battleground Evil-Lyn -Sold out

Faker; Snout Spout; Mighty Spector; Space Ace Vykron- almost gone

30th Anniversary Figures now only $15.40

Evergreen items marked down 30% today (cyber Monday) only

EDIT; He-Man and She-Ra marked as sold out (again) so has Swift Wind don't know if/when more will be coming.

Flash Sales:

Evil-Lyn, Man-At-Arms, Trap Jaw, Man-E-Faces, Webstor; Keldor, Leech came and went

Queen Marlena now up for $17.50 and apparently this is the packed out as queen version not Captain Glenn. ....and now she's sold out.

looks like that's it for the flash sales.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the big sale is over all the ones that were still available are no longer up for sale.

He-Man and She-Ra are available again though Swift Wind is still marked sold out.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift Wind still hasn't come back so he may be gone for good, we'll see.

Mattel has special gift packs up now where you can get multiple figures together for a discount price.

"Heroic Secret Identity" Pack -comes with He-Man, Battle Armor Skeletor and Orko (with Prince Adam) sells for $55

"Kidnapping the Princess" pack -comes with Skeletor, She-Ra, and Hurricane Hordak. sells for $50

Also they have announced that the promised bonus to subscribers for the Frosta forearms flub will be a bonus figure shipped free with their December subscriptions. Apparently it will simply be a previously released figure randomly selected. (not everyone will get the same figure)

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: News 12/21-12 Reply with quote

Swift Wind still hasn't returned and now Skeletor is marked Sold out.

Both Procrustus and Granamyr had delays in their shipments so when you order one you may have to wait an extra week or so for it to be sent to you.

Don't wait to order though Granamyr is marked almost gone!

Mosquitor sold out super quick.

January's sale is already announced both Snout Spout and Icarius (aka Flipshot) will be "reissued" that month and if you bought a 2013 sub then this is the first time you can take advantage of the "early access" and order them before the sale date. If they sell out during early access they will not be available on sale date. Note that you cannot order the new sub figures through early access, so if you want an extra Ram Man you have to wait for sale day.

And finally, on a personal note, my trade efforts to keep up are starting to pay off. I've already negotiated trades to acquire Mosquitor, Netossa, Jitsu, Fang Man, and -I was amazed I was able to pull this off- Granamyr!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And finally, on a personal note, my trade efforts to keep up are starting to pay off. I've already negotiated trades to acquire Mosquitor, Netossa, Jitsu, Fang Man, and -I was amazed I was able to pull this off- Granamyr!

Cool! Good to hear. Hope you get some other good figures for Christmas! Very Happy Cool Merry Christmas!

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: News update: 1/07/13 Reply with quote

Swift Wind is still marked sold out. While no official announcement has been made, it's been a few months now so it's looking like he may be gone for good.

Skeletor too hasn't returned yet, but since the figure was offered a couple weeks ago in the package deals he may still be returning.

Granamyr is now marked as Sold Out.

Procrustus is marked Almost Gone.

The shipment of Ram Man figures to the distribution center got delayed so he's been moved to a February release.

Within the same announcement Mattel said Horde Prime and the Griffin would be available on January 15. Previously they announced Icarius and Snout Spout. I'm not sure if they've changed it or if all four will be up. The sale day page should be up soon I'll report back then.

The Ram Man delay doesn't affect me very much. I had worked out a trade to get him, but wouldn't be receiving him until late March anyway because the same dealer's trading me a Fang Man and he was going to wait and ship them together. Meanwhile I've got a Procrustus due to arrive soon, and secured a deal for Octavia. When I first started trading to keep up I figured I'd only get one or two deals to go through, but I'm doing very good so far.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: news update 1/9/13 Reply with quote

Okay the January sale page is up and it shows Griffin and Horde Prime but not Icarius and Snout Spout so I guess they did decide to switch it for some reason.

Also Skeletor is still marked sold out and Swift Wind hasn't returned either so really looking like they are fully gone.

Procrustus never officially was marked sold out but his page is gone. So if Mattel does have any left they've taken him off the market for now.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: News update: 1/24/13 Reply with quote

February sale announced. Jitsu and the delayed Ram Man are the new guys and the "reissues" are Faker and Kobra Khan. I would not be surprised if they vanish during early access -or maybe not. In January early access was only the day before sale day. Still there's probably not a lot of them available so they'll probably go quick.

There will be a fourth Weapons Pack coming in 2103 and it will contain a weapon meant for Netossa; A blue repaint of Bubble Power She-Ra's sword. Early card back art for the vintage figure showed her with this but neither the vintage nor Classics had it. No word on if they'll give us her much wanted headdress as well.

The next reveals will be at Toy Fair (February 10-13) and we've been given a narrowed down clue as to one of them. A poll on He-Man.org listed the top 10 most wanted figures:

1). Mantenna
2). Two-Bad
3). Scorpia
4). Horde Trooper
5). Tung Lashor
6). Glimmer
7). Modulok
Cool. Madame Razz/Broom
9). Mermista
10). Castaspella

Toyguru then came out and said, "I'll confirm at least one of the figures on this list will be shown at Toy Fair!"

So....... place your bets! (And also note the words "at least")

My bet... Well while I'm 99% positive the final quarterly item for 2013 will be Horde Troopers (we know it's a fan demanded army builder pack) I doubt it will be shown at Toy Fair as it won't be coming out until some time in the fourth quarter (October -December) So I don't expect it to be revealed until SDCC. We do know there's at least one more female rebel coming and there have been hints towards Castaspella so I'm going with her.

Of course now that I said that it will probably be someone else.

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet on a Horde Trooper too. Want. I'm surprised that Glimmer and Mantenna have not been done yet so I'm leaning towards those as well.

Scorpia would be cool. Castaspella I'm surprised was not done before Netossa and Peekablue.

TheWrathPrince
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Battle Punch He-man

Description:
While this figure doesn’t have a traditional "action feature," he possesses a couple of unique points of articulation -- one, a side-swiveling wrist joint, allows He-Man to raise his Powersword realistically over his head. The other, a diagonal swivel joint crossing his chest, allows him a strong follow-through swinging punch.

Accessories:

- power sword
- energy shield

Views:

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: news update 2/7/13 Reply with quote

Both Swift Wind and Skeletor are back in stock at Mattycollector.com however take note: Mattel has said this is the last of the Skeletor figures and once these are gone he's "gone for good".

The official new reveals from Toyfair aren't until this weekend, however it appears there's been a leak thanks to Mattycollector/Digital River (again)

assuming these are fully legit upcoming releases include Castaspella, Mantenna, Batros, Icer, and Shokoti!

3 Filmation figures? Well remember there was supposed to be a big reveal at Toy Fair that was outside the normal yearly subscription and would "help fans get the characters they want quicker". Speculation leaned to a Filmation sub-line and this adds to the mix.

Once we get the official release information this weekend I'll relay it here.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Post Toyfair update Reply with quote

okay so before I get to the new stuff a quick recap:

FEB: Jitsu and Ram Man
MAR: Fang Man (King He-Man ships to subscribers)
APR: Snake Face
MAY: Karatti, and Fighting Foe Men 3-pack
JUN: Octavia
JUL: Clamp Champ and Galactic Protector He-Man (aka New Adventures)

Okay to start with the new reveals: The New Adventures He-Man variant will be called Galactic Protector He-Man. He will come with an alternate helmeted head and alternate chest armor as well.

AUGUST: CASTASPELLA

I called it! She's absolutely beautiful and as usual is based more on her Filmation appearance. However she will come with her hypno-disk like the vintage figure that attaches to her back. As far as I know this will be similar to Sy-Klone's ring where it clips on and can be removed. She will also include the standard POP shield done in translucent yellow plastic and a translucent yellow energy blast.

TECHNICALLY SEPTEMBER'S FIGURE BUT WILL BE SHIPPING IN OCTOBER: MANTENNA

Well I was right about Toyguru's exact wording on seeing "at least one" of the top ten, but I must admit this one was a surprise -but a welcome one. Based more on his intended look that was somewhat compromised by the vintage figure's sculpt he is almost a 100% new tool. He features the full four legged look (so maybe this gets us closer to Modulok) He will come with a Horde crossbow and interchangeable eyes to create the popped out look.

As if these reveals aren't cool enough the big reveal that's been hinted at is what most were expecting:

EXTRA FILMATION SUB-LINE

Similar to last year's 30th Anniversary line this will be a sub-line separate from the regular yearly line featuring 6 characters from the classic Filmation He-Man and She-Ra cartoons that never received figures before. It was implied that this line will concentrate more on fan requested "guest stars" (i.e. one shot characters) as opposed to main characters. So I doubt we'll see someone like Madame Razz or Scorpia but that doesn't mean those characters won't show up at some point. This project was given the green light after the 2013 lineup was locked in as a way of catching up since they couldn't do Filmation characters in previous years. It doesn't eliminate the possibility of other Filmation characters showing up in the main line or as exclusives. There is talk though that if this is successful they may have another Filmation sub line in 2014 in addition to the main line. (Of course at this point the 2014 main line is still up in the air -presumably it's a go as long as sub sales meet the minimum)

The Filmation sub line is available as a subscription on sale now through March 4. Like the main line there will be day of sales, but they will be $2 more and limited numbers so the subscription guarantees it. If you have a main line subscription they will ship together. Signing up for the subscription also grants you the early access privileges. The first figure ships in July and there will be one a month through December

JULY: ICER

From the episode "The Ice Age Cometh" An evil ally of Skeletor. Made of a icy translucnet blue plastic he comes with an icicle spear weapon and a bonus accessory: The Staff of Avion.

AUGUST: SHOKOTI

From the only 2-part He-Man episode "House of Shokoti" An evil (possibly undead) enchantress She comes with her demon servant creature pack-in.

SEPTEMBER: BATROS

From the episode "The Great Books Mystery" An independent villain, who Skeletor tried to recruit. Possibly a former Horde member as he has a red bat logo on his chest armor -but then again he's a humanoid bat and appeared on the cartoon before the Horde figures were even made. Comes with a repaint of Spikor's mace.

There will be three more figures in the sub but they won't be revealed until SDCC.

In other barely mentioned news coming this year are:

Weapons Pack #4: Will include Rattlor's 200X style armor

Tiered stands -want the guys in the back of the shelf to be more visible? These stands are designed in a stackable way to raise them up.

Plastic Clamshell protectors: For MOC collectors it provides extra protection for the boxes.

They also showed a strange item that appears to be a mask/headdress of some kind. Someone mentioned it's meant for a character we'll never expect....

Finally they unveiled the prototype for Castle Grayskull. It's very detailed and looks great... but somehow does not seem to be as big as they were making it out to be. Mainly in the Jaw bridge area. Still pretty impressive and includes a lot of detailed items.

it's back up for pre-order but the price has gone up to $275 (if you've ordered one already you don't have to pay more this is for this sale) and it's being hinted that they may not even do any day of sale stock. Even if they do it'll go up to $300 then. [/b]

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: News 2/14/13 Reply with quote

First a reminder that tomorrow Jitsu and Ram Man go on sale. The "reissues" for the month are/were Faker and Kobra Khan however Khan already sold out via early access.

(Sadly the trade I had arranged to get Jitsu fell through -I think my deal for Ram Man is still on but now I'm worried)

The March sale is announced and there's good and bad.

The reissues are Mekaneck and Keldor

Strobo will be available through early access. Non subscribers will have to wait till later in the year after the various cons.

The bad news is: Fang Man will not be offered for day of sale! Yeah Mattel had indicated day of sale figures would be reduced in numbers this year and there may be a few with zero -but no one really believed they'd actually do none until now. So only subscribers are getting Fang Man.

Finally a couple notes on the Filmation sub.

1. If you sign up for it you do get granted early access privileges -however they don't kick in until the subscription starts in July. So if you sign up now, you won't get early access until July (and thus you can't go for Strobo in March)

2. There's some confusion to the release order. The sign at Toy Fair said first Icer then Shokoti then Batros but the subscription order page says first Batros then Icer then Shokoti.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: