80sCartoons.net Forum Index

long shot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
senan
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: long shot Reply with quote

There is a cartoon scene i remember somewhere around 82-84 that scared me a lot back then, but now i am curious about. it was a very graphic scene definitely not for young kids, but was animated, so i watched until that scene.

in this scene there is a nest of dinosaur eggs in a large cage. the eggs start to hatch. the first one hatches, then bites the head off the 2nd hatchling, then eats the 3rd, and so on. the scene cuts back and the hatchling is now full grown and filled the cage. i recall the dinosaurs as blue. there were a couple humans outside the cage and they ran away.

of course, being so long ago and such a short scene, it could totally be a bad dream that i remember as watching. i was a dino Nut back then.

senan
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking through a few things, it looks like it "may" have been Dinoriders. was there ever an episode of this with blood? or is there a similar one that may have been more for teens like Gi.I.Joe was? i mention that because i do remember several of tis episodes having blood and injuries.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt it. Dinoriders was made by the same company behind
the other major 80 toons.-GI Joe (no plane was allowed to be destroyed
without showing the pilot parachuting to safety,no blood,lots of lasers
no bullets, and very few hits ) There wsa one person shown that didnt parachute to safety, and there was a right-in protest from parental groups over it.

Transformers had a loophole since they were robots they could tear each other apart. Oil, or coolant isnt blood, but even they stuck to low level child friendly levels of conflict.

Your graphic description doesn't seem to fit the standard Sunbow/Hasbro series.

TSHARKfan1
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if those blue dino's had only one eye, then it may have been from Inhumanoids, where Auger gets swallowed, and then drills his way out of it's stomach, and the creature says "my food runs away".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: