80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Hoping someone here can help =(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeex
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Hoping someone here can help =( Reply with quote

Ok so, I've read through all the lost and found posts before making my account, in hopes that someone else had asked for the same cartoon i was looking for.

Here are all of the details ive got:
Was a movie, not a series.
Set in space
Something happened with the sun. Not sure if it was a matter of a spaceship getting too close, or the sun overheating. But the sun was a big deal at some point, for some reason.
My most memorable...er...memory (lol) of this for some reason, was the way a smaller ship, latched onto the larger ship. The. Type of airlock it used, or docking clamp, reminds me of an X shape. Not sure why.
The person i think was the main character, looked a lot like the main guy in old school voltron. Other than that i cant remember much about him other than him screaming from the heat of the sun

I must've seen this cartoon some 25 yrs ago, ish. I'm 30 now.
It's not the Spartacus cartoon that is mentioned some hundred times in the lost and found, that much i know.

Any help would rock Smile

Xeex

Xeex
Radical

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/bump for great justice! Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately nothing really jumps to mind for me, but here are a few ideas.
From what you've said earlier, you saw this show approximately around 1986. That's a start.
Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean this is from the '80s as it may have been a broadcast of an earlier production.
You said it's a movie and not a TV series.
And set in space. And of course, there were a lot of these in the '70s and '80s (particularly after "Star Wars" hit theaters, I'm sure Wink )
It seems like there are also a couple of movies that deal with flying into the sun, usually for the purpose of saving the Earth in some fashion.
(I've found a number of live action movies with similar premises.)
And in the third season of this series, Star Blazers, it deals with the same premise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Blazers

Do you recall if it was an anime movie or Western animation? Also, it could make a difference on what country you saw this in- that might help determine its origin.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Xeex
Radical

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yamato definitely wasn't in it so I'm assuming it isn't star blazers however, i will watch a bit and see just to be sure. I kno I'd recognize it pretty quickly once i saw it. Also, i don't think this series/movie was taking place outside of our own solar system. As far as the type of animation, the best i can recall is it's similar to voltron. I remember thinking the main character looked exactly like the red guy (can't currently recall his name, maybe lance?) from voltron, and as a kid i just "accepted" that they were the same "actor".

(just looked up star blazers on netflix, definitely NOT it)

Also, I wouldn't say that they flew "into" the sun, really. But i kno they were very VERY close. Possibly even on a space station near the sun. I will see if i can remember anymore, especially since someone has taken notice and willing to try and offer suggestions.

Also, I lived in the United States at the time.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay- thanks for the further information. That's one possibility down anyway, and helps eliminate some avenues and narrows the focus on others. Hopefully this cartoon will be tracked down eventually...If I think of any other suggestions, I'll post them.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: