80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Come dream with me tonight- of Teddy Ruxpin on DVD! :-)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Come dream with me tonight- of Teddy Ruxpin on DVD! :-) Reply with quote

The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin has gotten 2 DVD releases before of a couple of episodes each.
But recently Mill Creek Entertainment has taken over releasing the series and is giving it the Volume set treatment.
Going in chronological order, 20 episodes have already been released in a DVD set containing the first big story arc- "The Six Crystals".
See cover art here.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Adventures-Teddy-Ruxpin-The-Six-Crystals/8759
And order from Amazon.com for right at 10 bucks here!!!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001072DG6?tag=tvshowsondvdcom&camp=15041&creative=373501&link_code=as3
Very Happy

Look for Volume 2 (with another 20 episodes) coming out on DVD on May 6- this time covering the famous "Mysteries of Hard to Find City" story arc.

Wow! This is really cool! I remember very well watching this cartoon series as a kid. It was the deciding factor in why I didn't learn Tae-Kwan-Do. (The class was offered Friday afternoons - the same time The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin came on. Of course- I went with the cartoon! Laughing - And I was only like 5 or so at the time.) Wink

Anyway- this is a really great fun cartoon and I highly recommend it to everyone!

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you can soon wrap up this great series on DVD!!! The 2nd. volume has been released recently
http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Teddy-Ruxpin-Mysteries-Hard/dp/B0014CKCEW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1210635882&sr=8-1

and the third (and final) volume is on the way! (covering the "Return to Rillonia" story arc)
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Adventures-Teddy-Ruxpin-Volume-3/9575

Cool! Always great to see another classic '80s show get fully released on DVD- especially this one that I particularly loved as a child! It's really cool to see it back again- incidentally, you can also look for the actual Teddy Ruxpin story-telling toy back out in stores again come July 1st! (Yeah- it's on Amazon.com already)
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Teddy+Ruxpin

Very Happy Cool

Last edited by MacGyver on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little update- all 3 volumes of The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin have since been released and are available through Amazon.com - Good to have another classic '80s cartoon available in its entirety on DVD!
I haven't been able to find Volumes 2 and 3 in stores- though I do keep finding Volume 1 in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart! That's a great bargain for a great series! Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that this will have anything in addition to the already released DVD sets, but just so you all know- The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin will be released to a complete series DVD set on January 27, 2009!
You can order it from Amazon.com here for about $25 -Not bad for a full 65 episode classic '80s cartoon series! Very Happy Cool
http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Teddy-Ruxpin-Dream-Complete/dp/B001LQQJ3O/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1228540982&sr=8-16

jackie0109
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo! My brother need that DVD collection. I will tell him immediately.

Mister Zero
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it for 3$ at a store called Goodwill which takes donations from people! It was good quality! Get it if you can find it.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Adventures-Teddy-Ruxpin-The-Complete-Adventures/16730

Yay! One of my favorite childhood '80s cartoons is once again getting rereleased to DVD! Yet another company is releasing a complete series DVD set on June 5th. later this year. Check out the link for more details. Very Happy Cool

MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the live action Teddy Ruxpin, just a one-shot movie?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the original run of "The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin" cartoon series, there was a live action segment called "Protect Yourself", which featured an animated Teddy Ruxpin on a live action set, who, along with child stars of the late '80s, would offer tips to children on topics like being careful of strangers, how to deal with emergencies, etc.
Also, the VHS tapes usually had an introduction to the episodes with a live action Teddy Ruxpin. (i.e. toy bear- not someone in a bear suit. Wink )
And yes, there was a live action animatronic pilot released to VHS- the series was originally meant to be live action, similar to Disney series "Welcome to Pooh Corner" and "Dumbo's Circus"- but it didn't work out and the pilot was all that was ever released. I don't know if that animatronic pilot ever got a DVD release, but it was released to VHS at least.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: