80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Voltron: Defender of the Universe game released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Voltron: Defender of the Universe game released Reply with quote

Not sure how many die-hard Voltron fans there are here, but in case you're interested, there was a video game based on the original Lion Voltron (featured in this site's title banner, even).

Unfortunately, the game isn't particularly good, but if you're dying for a little nostalgia, it does have a few nice touches. The best feature of the game is the intro and pause screens, which have voiceovers from none other than Peter Cullen, the original narrator of the show (and Optimus Prime!). There are also clips from the show itself, including the intro.

The game is available via digital download on either Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 consoles, and costs $10.

Watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hy_--RJFkw

Watch IGN's review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhWVh0tDzI

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow- a Voltron video game? And it supports multi-player? Looks pretty cool to me. Very Happy
I can't say I'm a huge fan of Voltron or anything necessarily (I probably would like it pretty well- just never really grew up watching it as a kid) -but yeah, this game looks pretty sweet. And always good to have Peter Cullen involved with voicing his classic characters.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Video Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: