80sCartoons.net Forum Index

80s silent cartoon Cat and Dog..maybe eastern european...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macstar2002
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: 80s silent cartoon Cat and Dog..maybe eastern european... Reply with quote

it may actually be late 70s, but im looking for the name of a cartoon which seemed to revolve around a cat and a dog..the cat being grey blue i think with a dark fringe. it was silent OR the character just made noises (like teacher from charlie brown)!!

it was shown on itv in the early 80s and late 80s and 90s was shown on The Childrens Channel show called 'Stories without words'.

It had a very catchy tune either just as an intro or all the way through... and i think it might have been eastern european...

anybody have any ideas!!

thanks. Wink

Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you're a lot closer than you think. I've never seen or heard of it before (I live in the USA, and it seems to be mostly a UK TV channel), but a little Internet sleuthing came up with a rather ancient discussion from 9 years ago on a forum about The Children's Channel (TCC). TCC broadcast between 1984 and 1998, but no amount of searching on my part seems to find any channel-specific footage posted anywhere on the internet (which in itself is quite unusual).

You can read the discussion from 2002 here:
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27584

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but perhaps this will joggle someone else's memory.

EDIT: Hmm, I seem to have found a small amount of footage on YouTube of TCC, but nothing specific to Stories Without Words.

TCC channel callsign: Watch on YouTube

Some outtakes from TCC show Ratkan II: Watch on YouTube

Around the World in 80 seconds (TCC): Watch on YouTube

By the by, TCC was run by a company called FlexTech, which eventually changed the channel into Trouble, and eventually merged and is now under the umbrella of a company called Virgin Media. I'm not sure how much information you could get from contacting Virgin Media, but if anyone would know of the whereabouts of what you're looking for, they'd be the ones to ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Media

Their official website appears to be down (not sure if that's temporary or what).

They also maintain a presence on Twitter, and appear to actively monitor the site. If you have a Twitter account, you might try sending them a Direct Message of inquiry.

https://twitter.com/#!/VIRGINMEDIA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: