80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New version of The Flinstones coming to FOX in 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: New version of The Flinstones coming to FOX in 2013 Reply with quote

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yabba-dabba-doo-seth-macfarlane-finally-gets-go-ahead-to-reboot-the-flintstones/

I quote Kenan on "Kenan & Kel"- WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????

I don't think a new Flintstones cartoon is really needed, but I especially don't care to see one from Seth McFarlane. Of course, it seems most every cartoon nowadays somehow has a need to slip in "adult" raunchy humor and this is usually my concern with any cartoon remake, particularly one that is a clean, family fun classic like The Flintstones.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Zartan
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remakes just seems to be all the rage these days don't they. Why do they try so hard to grab a new audience when there are 10 good years worth of them waiting for someone to come along and get it right? ( in the case of the Flinstones more like 50+ years worth Wink )

Unfortunately we are hard pressed when it comes to finding cartoons made these days with the level of story, thought, and innocence that we were so fortunate to experience. Nothing seems off limits these days, first they start remaking John Wayne films, now Hanna-Barbera is up for grabs. Im not a fan of Seth Mcfarlane, despite his obvious success, raunchy innuendos and adult humor will ruin the legacy that William and Joseph created. Where will it stop??

^--I should never have to question weather or not a show with any of the above toons is safe for my daughter and her friends to be watching. Be original and drive your own ideas into cancellation, not someone else's.

If they were going to remake it, they should have stuck to the route all the current animated scooby doo movies, voiced by Frank Welker , Casey Kasem and many other original voice talents. Me and my daughter very much enjoy them, and I know they are still made with the person viewing it in mind.

Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, MacFarlane has worked on other things that weren't raunchy. But he's definitely become known for a certain type of humor now.

There's still more than a year before it's due to be released. It may even end up on the cutting block before that. I'm not very optimistic about it, but I'll wait and see.

Zartan
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did get a huge start in the industry working as a animator and writer for hanna barberra productions (dexters laboratory, Johnny bravo, etc). But those days are well behind him. I wont be overly pessimistic and say I wont at least give the guy a shot, but I dont expect him to give up the style of humor and animation that has proven financially successful for him, and FOX. Best for us to wait and see though, good point it may be scrapped before it ever even airs for all we know . Laughing

Last edited by Zartan on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly kinda hoping for the "scrapped before it ever airs" scenario- lol. And even if McFarlane is careful to keep raunchy humor out of it- I still doubt any new attempt would ever be able to top the original series of The Flintstones for me.
And by the way- thanks for posting that picture, Zartan. That is AWESOME! Very Happy (I'm a big fan of Hanna Barbera in general- love it.)

overload
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little late to the Party, but yeah I do;t see the need to remake The Flintstones at all.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't end u like many other HB properties such as Birdman in some kind of Adult Swim scenario with raunchy Risque Humour not suitable for all audiences.

Flintstone: Criminal Invstigator

or

The Flintstone Shield: Stories of Corruption in BRPD

Why not take the campy superheroes like Birdman and BlueFalcon and turn them into interesting modern Superheroes. I'm sure that would garner much more attention than a badly done Flintstones / the Simpsons mashup or Flintstones / King of the Hill or whatever.

Toytainment Blog
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if that is awesome or terrifying. Either way, interesting and I'll totally watch!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of thing that I'd be scared of seeing on this show.
(Warning- this clip is crude and sexual in nature...)

I would hope nothing like that would be on a new version of The Flintstones from McFarlane, but you have to keep in mind that The Flintstones was one of the first (if not the first) cartoon to air in a prime time slot- thus if the new version was also prime time, it wouldn't have the same level of censorship for Saturday morning cartoons.
If that's the kind of junk that would be going on in the series, I'd prefer McFarlane just stick to doing the foul language and sexual scenes and overly violent scenes and dirty jokes on "The Family Guy" and "American Dad"....

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee hee. I was going to find that clip but I didn't have time.

I wouldn't mind if they threw in some adult humour since we adults are the ones who watched it and not the kids of this gen. However, they SHOULD be the jokes that are not so obvious. You know, under the breath jokes. That I think everyone can live with.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it just depends on who it's aimed at- if it's aimed at adults, that's one thing. If it's aimed at adults and children (i.e. families), then they need to keep it clean so that both groups can enjoy it. Even so, I imagine there might be some humor that would go over kids' heads. But the original Flintstones cartoon did that too- but the difference there is that it had jokes about celebrities and products that kids would not be familiar with but adults certainly would- but nothing in the line of risque humor like what was in that clip I posted. Of course, I'd prefer that kind of risque humor was not on at all, but I'm not naive enough to think it's not going to happen...

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, this is not going to happen.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/it-seems-seth-macfarlane-will-not-be-rebooting-the,73018/

However, it seems this is going to happen in 2015.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/animated-flintsones-pic-adds-pro-wrestlers-to-its-bedrock/

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just more today on the WWE/Flintstones crossover event coming. This direct-to-video production will be fun to watch for me. As a big fan of Scooby-Doo, I recently saw the "Scooby-Doo: Wrestlemania Mystery" video released and it was quite good. I'll be interested to see The Flintstones go to a wrestling event with Bedrock versions of WWE stars. That's an ongoing gag that The Flintstones have done for years, so that's nothing new- but definitely very fitting.
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/wwe-and-flintstones-tag-team-throw-down-some-bedrock-94266

I also found out this: Warner Bros. is also working on a new animated movie for The Flintstones! Yabba Dabba Doo! Very Happy Cool
http://www.thewrap.com/new-flintstones-movie-in-the-works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: