80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Mid-80s cartoon where characters face their worst fears?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeadOfNight82
Radical

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Mid-80s cartoon where characters face their worst fears? Reply with quote

Hey, how is it going? Great site here, as I grew up with all of the memorable and creative cartoons of the '80s. There are a couple parts of cartoons that I remember watching as a kid that I'd like to be able to identify if anyone can help me with what show/episodes they are from. In one, the protagonists get sent to another dimension to face their worst fears, one being a giant snake. If memory serves in the other dimension it was a night sky and they were standing on a surface of construction beams. That is the main one I'd like to watch again. I also recall one that I had taped off of television that started with a sailing ship that gets attacked (shot, probably) and a giant hole is busted through the middle and water is spraying high into the sky. These are both probably around 1986-88 and the shows I really liked were Transformers, Voltron, GI Joe, Masters of the Universe, Silverhawks and others in that vein. Thanks to anyone who can tell me what these were from !!

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In one, the protagonists get sent to another dimension to face their worst fears, one being a giant snake."

Possibly,...

G.I. Joe
Episode: Nightmare Assault

The evil Dr. Mindbender invents a machine that allows him
to invade the sleeping mind and trap the Joes in their
worst nightmares.
He's able to torment them with nightmares except
for the team member,Low-Light who has had trouble
with his own nightmares all his life

View Nightmare Assault
(Youtube.com)
-----

HeadOfNight82
Radical

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked it out, and though it is possible that is the episode I remembered, I could have sworn the characters got zapped into another dimension and that the snake appeared while one or more 'good guys' were on a giant construction beam at night. But then again, this is just a fraction of an episode I remember from 20+ years ago so I could have imagined some of that. Thanks for the reply!

HeadOfNight82
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Found it! Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with GI Joe. I was just looking around at a few other episodes and it turned out to be 'The Gods Below.' My memory wasn't entirely accurate but as soon as I saw the Egyptian bird-god I knew this was it. Rather than face their worst fears they had to 'pass a test' and they got sent into the starry sky on a key-shaped platform where they had to survive a fire-breathing beast. But in the same episode Cobra and some of his henchmen had to prove themselves to a giant snake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: