80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Power On! Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future DVD!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Power On! Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future DVD! Reply with quote

Okay- normally I just stick to posting about releases of 1980s cartoons on DVD, in keeping with the nature of this site, but this one was too awesome not to mention. Besides, this show had a blend of some animation along with live action, so it seemed appropriate to mention it somewhere.
Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future is being planned for a complete series DVD release, according to the show's official Facebook page! WOW! I remember this series somewhat and I have even very recently run across some of the episodes on VHS and tried to watch a little bit. I wonder how the interactive end of the show is going to be handled, as it was made to be an interactive game that kids could play along with if they had the laser gun toy that went with it. (Kinda like the Nintendo Zapper for NES).
Nonetheless, it's very cool to hear that this is coming to DVD- along with some documentaries for extras, it seems. Check out the link here- http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Captain-Power-Soldiers-Future-DVDs-Planned/15282
Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complete series DVD set is set for release on December 13, 2011. Check out a look at the cover art and extras below- looks there will be a TV-movie detailing the origin of Captain Power (never aired in the US) along with a featurette about the planned but never produced second season and more. Very Happy

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Captain-Power-Soldiers-Future-The-Complete-Series/15918

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: