80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Name That Cartoon!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathByViolin
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Name That Cartoon!! Reply with quote

Hi all...
I am wondering if some kind soul out there will help me identify a cartoon from my childhood.

It is definitely an 80's Saturday morning toon and it was drawn in western style. I was very young when it was on(maybe 4-6 years old) and it only lasted a few episodes. It seems to me it had a Medieval fantasy-type feel to it.

I was very young when it was on, so my memories are very vague. I remember a woman giving birth, then dying right after seeing her baby. Yes, they actually animated the woman keeling over. That made an impression on me. Anyway, the baby girl was given an amulet of some kind... possibly magic or a link to a long lost relative... just not sure.

Then things fast forward to her as a child/pre-teen. It's possible she was some kind of princess. Or not... That's about all I remember. It was kind of serious/dark as opposed to other Saturday morning stuff.

I had a college roommate who actually remembered it. She pointed out that the episodes were shown out of order! That might account for it being taken off the air so quickly. I have lost contact with her, otherwise I would just ask her the title of it!

It would have been shown some time between 1983 to 1986. I doubt any later than 1987 or I would remember it better.

Thanks for your help! Hope we can solve the mystery
Smile

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A royal heir's given a necklace/amulet/heirloom soon after
birth to prove their lineage, and is spirited away to be raised
in anonymity until the heir is of age.
Sounds familiar. The plot fits a handful of stories.

Were there horses?

Maybe,...

Wildfire (86)

The ailing queen of a magical kingdom has Wildfire take her newborn daughter away to Earth to keep her safe from the clutches of an evil sorceress. The birth has weaken her further and she's close to death.The queen left her baby with an amulet with the insignia of a stallion on it. She grew up on a ranch without suspecting her royal heritage in the other world. When she became of age, the amulet summoned Wildfire to bring her back to her mother's magical realm

-Watch Opening-
Wildfire

-Watch-
Wildfire
----------

DeathByViolin
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might be it... The opening almost has me convinced, but I don't remember the little girl being a "cowgirl" type... It's very close to what I remember. I wish I had a better memory. Any other suggestions? Hate to be a pain in your butt Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: