80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Orb Sphere Disco Ball Around for Aeons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sha0
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Orb Sphere Disco Ball Around for Aeons Reply with quote

What a fantastic resource this site is; what helpful hints I've seen!

So I have a cartoon movie from the 80s that I do not fully remember. I likely saw it between 1983 and 1988.

I remember an orb or sphere, which I believe was silver or crystalline or disco-ball-like, and it tells some protagonist, possibly female, something along the lines of "I've existed for aeons" and some other dialogue. I think that it was hovering still in a very large chamber in outer space. Memories can be wrong, of course.

For some reason, Rainbow Brite pops into my head when I think about it, but it's not the Rainbow Brite movie (verified, heh). Also, I do not believe that it is the green sphere from Heavy Metal, but will have to re-watch Heavy Metal to be sure. The orb did speak in the same sort of grandiose monotone as Loc Nar, to be honest.

I believe that I watched this movie via cable during daylight, to suggest a possible rating. It seems to me that it was an adventure geared towards children.

Well, please let me know what you think! Thanks!

sha0
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's still consuming my time trying to hunt this down.

Just in case it is Allison and the Magic Bubble, can anyone confirm that the orb/sphere/globe/ball in this movie uses the word "aeons"? Does anyone know where to purchase this movie? Oops! 1979 isn't quite the 80s...

But whatever the answer is, I viewed it in the 80s. Smile

I seem to recall some combination of sci-fi, adventure, fantasy... But little else other than a girl and the word "aeons" being uttered by the sphere. Sheesh.

kmd503
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Allison and the Magic Bubble Reply with quote

It is DEFINITELY Allison and the Magic Bubble. A little girl named Allison finds a glowing sphere in her backyard, which turns out to be a magic bubble called "The Orb". She meets a friendly alien who is seeking the Orb to restore the vegetation on his home planet. Meanwhile, a band of evil aliens called the Muragtroids are also hunting for it. I also remember she has a tree fort out in the woods behind her house where she has to get The Orb and she has a pet cat.

We even tried contacting Jim Allan and he said he couldn't sell / release a copy because it might be turned into a childrens' motion picture. We used to have it on VHS but my mom threw it out when we moved as kids. It was never actually released on VHS - so won't be on ebay or elsewhere. I keep hoping to find a torrent or seeing someone upload it on youtube.

I have been looking for a copy of this, online or otherwise, for YEARS. If anyone reads this and has a copy please contact me. I would love to make a copy or get it up online somehow - youtube? It was a great memory from childhood and I'd hate to see it lost forever.

Thanks!

sha0
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Found it!

It wasn't Allison and the Magic Bubble (which I happened upon, recently). The sphere in that cartoon movie doesn't speak.

It turns out the "rainbow" I was half-remembering when I associated "Rainbow Brite" was actually... Snarf. I was remembering the sphere automaton created by the Venusians in Thundercats episode 35: "Sword in a Hole".

As usual, it was less glorious than I remembered it being. While still a bit intimidating, it has a laughable "Aaaaaaahhh!" cry that it makes, when the Thundercats tear things up.

I learned the word "aeon" the first day I saw this in the 80s, because I asked what it meant.

Mystery solved. What's next?

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's next? After 4 years you remembered to update this post! That is amazing in and of itself! Very Happy We'll all sleep easier now.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to know the mystery is finally solved. Very Happy Cool (and that you learned a great vocabulary word out of it! I'm definitely a fan of English and learning and knowledge in general, so good deal!)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: