80sCartoons.net Forum Index

3 cartoons that have bugged me for years now - please help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: 3 cartoons that have bugged me for years now - please help! Reply with quote

There are 3 cartoons from my 80s childhood that really made an impression on me, but I was so young that I can't remember the titles - only the feeling they gave me:) Hopefully someone in here will be able to help me!

Nr1:

This one was about a little girl, living in the woods with her father. She lived in a kingdom ruled by an equally young, but very spoiled princess (or some other form of royalty). This princess wanted a certain flower, I think it was snowdrops, but they only grow in spring and it was in the middle of the winter. Somehow, it fell upon the other girl to find the flowers for the princess, or else she would never see her father again, as he was kidnapped by the princess' evil henchmen. The gril was very upset, but had no other choice than to go into the woods and try to find the flowers. Now, I only remeber the ending of the movie - the girl comes upon a magical forest where there is always spring or summer, and where snowdrops grow everywhere. The princess somehow also ends up in the forest as she wants it for herself, but then the forest godt reveal themselves and turn the princess- henchmen into dogs(!) and reunite the gril with her father. Does this ring any bells out there?

Nr2:

This one I remember very little about. The cartoon revolved around a boy and his dog, and the setting might have been France or somewhere in Europe in the beginning of the ninteenth century. The boy was on the run from someone, but I can't remember who. There was a scene where he was hiding in a closet and I think he put on women's clothing so that no one would recognize him. I also remember the VHS cover - it shoved the boy and the dog (a large dog by the way), standing on a raft, looking scared. The last thing I remember is the ending, and the reason for that is because the movie just ended in the middle of a scary scene where the boy was climbing a mountain, trying to escape 2 police officers who had been chasing him throughout the movie. One of the officers lost his pants while he was climbing, and I remember me and my little brother laughing and watching it over and over. The reason the movie ended with this scene was because it was only part 1 of God knows how many, but I never saw the remaining parts...

Nr3:

This was a cartoon I think was shown on what was then called TCC, or The Childrens Channel. It was about an unusual spaseship that was really an ordinary 1700th century ship, but had a transparent bubble around itself that protected the crew. It floated, or sailed, through space and consisted of many episodes. The only thing I remember about the show was that strange spaceship that was really a normal ship whit sails and masts and whatnot.

If anyone knows anything about this, I would really appreciate any help I can get!

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recognize the story,
Twelve Months

but like many fairy tales
there's more than one version

There's a Russian version
The Twelve Months

and an anime version done by Toei studios

Info
The Twelve Months
View
The Twelve Months

--------------------------
Sounds like,..

Belle and Sebastian

View
--------------------------
Ship in space

The Bobobobs

View Opening
Bobobobs
--------------

Radical

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is incredible - you got all 3!! Thank you so much, this means a lot to me - now I can show it to my kids and get them away from all that modern nonsense they watch these days:) Thanks again! You made my week!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: