80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Help with a cartoon short.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jopepe
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Help with a cartoon short. Reply with quote

I looked on here and also the internet. It has a plot where some videogame or comics come to life to fight aliens. They look like space invaders somewhat. I think it ran on HBO or MTV. It was a cartoon short I believe thanks in advance for you help.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcade Attack (82)
http://www.bcdb.com/bcdb/detailed.cgi?film=61225&p=s
8 mins., Austin /Hayes

The short was the last few mins. of a documentary on pinball vs. the new emerging novelty of the 80's- Video games. Two men with differing preferences argued about which was better.
The short begins at the end of the documentary. After closing time, the video game invaders and the pinball warriors escape the confines of their machines and battle for dominance.

One of the characters(the Pinballers) was a chrome pinball warrior who flew around with his feet resting on two giant pinballs. He reminded me of the silver surfer. Another pinaball warrior was the jackel-headed god Anubis.

Near the end of the battle, one of the final pinballers,(a barbarian-like warrior) climbed the walls of a building like the 80's video game Crazy Climber. They stood on the roof of the building in the middle of the city, and looked around at the empty streets. The Pinballers thought the video enemy had been defeated. They looked around then finally looked above. The night sky was filled with descending invaders and one massive mothership( The Videodrones).- BOOM!!! GAME OVER

View

View Entire Short
----------------

jopepe
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sooooo much. I loved this short. I was only 5 but I had my mom and dad look for the Pinball action figures for many years. You are for sure a cartoon guru, much appreciated .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: