80sCartoons.net Forum Index

What was the name of this cartoon...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bittles2
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: What was the name of this cartoon... Reply with quote

I have been trying to remember the name of this one cartoon I used to watch when I was a child.

I don't have much information about it, but there are a few specifics that are etched in my memory and it is really annoying me that I can't remember the name.

-I remember there being two shaggy dogs, 1 big and 1 small. They were some of the protagonists.
-I remember a few of the antagonists being 3 pigs (I think?) who worked for another evil character (but I forget what his name or species was.)
-I believe there were humans in the cartoon too, but not sure.
-I vividly remember a scene with fireworks, maybe the opening or closing credits.
-I remember a theme song that sounded like something by Hall and Oates (i.e. "Private Eyes).

It's possible that this was a full length movie or a series. Unfortunately, this is all the material that I truly remember.
Any help is appreciated.
________
VAPORIZER

Last edited by bittles2 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vague similarities,

Raccoons and the Lost Star (83)
http://www.gilsinan.com/raccoons/specials/loststar.shtml
----------------------------------
Two children (a boy and a girl) and their faithful dog Schaffer are huddled around a night time campfire. There's snow on the ground and their father begins to tell a story about a lonely star. Their father leaves to get something and soon calls the children over, leaving their dog alone. Schaffer the dog sees a strange light streak across the sky. He enters the forest to see what had landed.
He finds what looks like a two seat biplane. He gets inside, soon the pilot returns and doesn't seem to see Schaffer huddled down hiding in the other seat. The plane climbs above the clouds, and then transforms, and converts itself into a craft more suited for space travel. A song "Calling You" plays in the background while Schaffer watches the Earth fall away.

--------------------------------------------

bittles2
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Straydog!! That is absolutely it!

That's amazing that you knew it. How do you know these things?
________
Lamborghini Concept S

Last edited by bittles2 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raccoons is such a great '80s series. I do believe the specials and most of the episodes are out on DVD now

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssh, the Raccoons. It was an okay series I guess. I personally got sick of it as it was ALWAYS ON in fact I think it is still on in the early early mornings. Pssh. Oh well, I still like Cyril. But that it! Well, okay, the closing theme may be on my iPod. But that definitly it for my liking of the show.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up with The Raccoons and I absolutely love it! By far, one of the best Canadian cartoons ever! But that's just my humble opinion. Laughing Very Happy I love the theme song too. But hey- to each his own. Of course, I don't have the advantage of being inundated with airings of the show, unfortunately.... but it can generally be found online. Smile

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: