80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Has eluded every search of mine for over a decade...HELP!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronin Zanpachi
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Has eluded every search of mine for over a decade...HELP!! Reply with quote

Ok, been looking for this sucker for a very long time, I used to rent this toon at a video shop in my little town over and over and loved it. Cannot recall a name if course, other wise I would not be posting for some help. So here is what I can remember, hope to god some one can help me out as it is one of the few cartoons I have yet to recover from me junkyard of a memory.

Was about these two kids, a girl and a boy. Their dad or grandpa is like a scientist or some thing, they had this weird earth tunneling vehicle. And they had a dog or a monkey? lol Side kick I'll leave it at that. But they would take this thing start it up in their lab ect and tunnel and every time it would come out in some magical land etc, like time travel or some thing. the tunneling machine looked like a silver AA battery with a screw on the nose (typical tunneling machine of the 80's...should have gotten a patent on it lol).

I also remember that they has some sort of arch enemy team, kinda like a very pre Team Rocket deal...they always got blown up all silly in the end. Funny I remember the name of this evil team lol, Team Skulduggery, was a guy a girl and...a evil pig or some thing?? Or a cat?

But yeah for each episode Skulduggery would have yet another odd robot built in hopes of causing chaos or thieving some thing and destroying the team in the tunneling machine, one robot type machine I recall was a black pig with red eyes that would shoot spiked wheels ect, and another I recall was a big robotic brown gorilla they attacked some village with in one episode.

Yeah its bugged the heck outta me for over a decade, heck maybe 2 lol. If any one can answer this I will be grateful you'll have put that to rest, and I will be amazed. Wasn't really a tv thing that I know of, but was a movie or such, had a bunch of episodes on one vhs.

Found most of the others I had watched as a kid, Robbie the Rascal, Ninja the Wonderboy ect. All cool stuff.

LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not familiar to me and you didn't say if it was western or anime but from searching, it sounds like maybe Time Bokan.
Time Bokan page on the Anime News Network
Time Fighters opening on YouTube (says it is the English version)

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
Ronin Zanpachi
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW...

*Picks jaw up off floor*

That is IT!
Yes excuse the lack of that bit of info, it was the western version, of which you also supplied, VERY cool. But yeah that is it, feels really weird to see a pic of that after prolly 20 years. Now I can put that one to rest, maybe find old episodes of it and do a lil reminiscing lol. Gotta thank ya for that, AWESOME!

I wonder how hard it is to get ones hands on this one in any format, vhs, dvd ect. Least a good portion of online to watch in any case, also wondering if it may be found on sites to find things to buy such as ebay and so on. I look to collect if possible, but hard to tell if these are hard to get for myself as I am not really into the collectibles market but like to grab certain things when I can. I doubt they are still distributed...if they are I would be even more amazed, odd to have searched all this time, normally I can come up with some thing, but not in this case it is hard to find when you have no name to place on it.

Again thankee Sai!

Let me know if any of you may have answers to my further questions, such as ways to get my hands on this lil gem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: