80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Cartoon about dogs who survived a plane crash?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TearsintheRain
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Cartoon about dogs who survived a plane crash? Reply with quote

This is driving me nuts...one of those situations where I feel like I'm the only one who remembers a random cartoon from my childhood. I've been able to google myself out of situations like this in the past...but in this case, I've hit a dead end. I've tried googling (I do consider myself to be an efficient googler) and tried searching this forum (and the site) with no luck.

I saw this cartoon when my family lived in England during my childhood between 1980 and 1985. Not sure if it helps, but I also remember seeing The Raccoons, Tarzan Lord of the Apes, and Super-Ted around the same time.

I want to say it was either a TV special or a movie of some kind, but I could be wrong. I remember it "feeling" more like a movie than a regular animated series, because the pace was slower.

All I remember was that it started with a plane crash...I think it started right after the plane crash happened (didn't show it crash). The people were lying on the ground, badly injured. There were several dogs on the plane who survived, and the people asked them to go find help.

The dogs went on to find help, and I want to say they ended up in a river, on a log, and started heading towards a waterfall at some point.

I can't remember how many dogs there were, but I know there was one that acted as their leader, there was at least one female, and there was a gray-colored comic relief dog. He was whiney, and kind of scrampy looking, and I think he had a long snout. I kind of remember his voice, the only way I can think to describe his character is that it was kind of like a cross between Jerry Lewis and the duck from Garfield and Friends. That's the only character that's stuck with me.

Does this ring any bells?

I remember thinking the animation quality was better than He-Man, but not as good as Disney.

And I can kind of picture the human voices being British. But I may be wrong there.

I've even gone so far as to look through this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_television_series but nothing jumped out at me.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly one of Petey the Pup's
world-wide adventures,....

The Puppy's Adventures
The Puppy's Further Adventures

Petey the pup is seperated from his boy and falls in with a group of strays. The pack takes him in as one of their own, but Petey never gives up his hope of finding his boy.
There was a series of Weekend specials involving Petey the pup and his world wide adventures, before the story was picked up as a series

-The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy-
-The Puppy's Great Adventures-
-The Puppy's Amazing Rescue-
-The Puppy Saves the Circus-

It was also shown as part of
The Scooby and Scrappy Doo Puppy Hour

-----------

TearsintheRain
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! That's it! Thank you SO much! Did some more searching and found it was made by Ruby Spears, and when I added that to my google search this came up right away. Immediately recognized them.

Thanks again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: