80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Cartoon movie? and two cartoon shorts on HBO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime-nut
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Cartoon movie? and two cartoon shorts on HBO Reply with quote

Ok, first what I think was a movie, it had two kids and a talking dog(although I don't think you ever see his lips move), who travel around space in a saucer shaped ship with round windows in it. They have various eventures on different plantets, but the part that I really remember is that they eventually they meet up with a robot character whose eyes blink when he talks, Near the end they get captured by these other robots that look almost like vending machines. They keep spouting something like "Big man" or something.. One of the tortures they endure is a tickle chamber. At the very end they return the robot character to his home planet where his "father" is the king/ruler of the planet.

I think this might have been a French cartoon?

Ok on with the other two.

HBO had little 3-5 minute cartoon shorts, One of them I think was called Disco Duck, these ducks played one song in a wooded area, with an anouncer female duck introducing each of the band members... one member was playing a flute when the lead singer took it away and started playing it. Oh yeah... the camera-duck was in the mouth of a frog.

The second one I only remember a little since the tape of it we had was taped over... partially. There are these two astronauts and they receive a distress call from a female ghost-looking character. They kept playing this song, some of the lyrics went "I wanna be your lover, be your lover, I wanna be your lover not just be your friend" They land on a planet/asteroid and follow her ghostly image. Eventually they get inside this building and this giant robot swings this laser sword at them. but he doesn't swing it very well.. almost like if you were standing holding a sword, point on the floor, and just rotated it upward without adjusting your grip. They shoot it with their laser pistols and get past it, but that is about where it was taped over..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cartoon Movie:

Little Orbit the Astrodog
and the Screechers from Outer Space
(79)
a.k.a. Pluk in Cosmos
a.k.a. Pluk Naufragé De L'Espace

prime-nut
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wow.. over 4 years have passed since I originally posted this question.. kinda surprised my account is still valid!

I have found one of the HBO shorts I was looking for.

It's called: I wanna be your lover - La Bionda

here it is on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if1zBr0hw2U

So now I'm still looking for the other 80's HBO short.. the one with the Disco Duck... and it's not by Rick Dees.

Maybe someone out there remembers it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: