80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Looking for anime cartoon airing during or after Robotech

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyusr
Radical

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Looking for anime cartoon airing during or after Robotech Reply with quote

Okay so like a lot of these posts I was a kid once and now I'm an "old geezer" and a certain cartoon is racking my brain... very little to go on but ya'll seem to be the Einsteins of cartoons so here goes:

I used to watch Robotech in a classroom at school with my first grade classmates before school started each morning and during that year there was another Robotech lookalike but seriously different show that aired (1984 or close to it). All I can remember was that kids were trained to pilot these "mechas" that turned into planes/robots and that the kids would battle in them. They were air battles on Earth or a planet and one episode talked about there being a difference between genetically altered or grown kids and they had disagreements or did not mix well with the genetically normal kids. I think the kids were teenagers but I'm not sure. I've searched a hundred websites and can't find it anywhere since they mostly focus on saturday shows. Any help is appreciated.

Oh and sorry if I post this horribly I'm old and computers hate me.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before proceeding with he search
Are you sure you're not remembering
the later chapters of the series once
the Invid were defeated, and began
to interbreed with humans?

A later chapter of the long running series
followed the second generation. I believe some
had mixed heritages.

tyusr
Radical

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bought the entire Robotech series because I thought that might be the case. I have reviewed them thoroughly and it was not Robotech.

I do remember that both girls and boys piloted the planes so that much is in common.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second guess,...

there's another series that was
supposed to take place in the Robotech universe

Genesis Climber Mospeada

-----------

tyusr
Radical

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check that one out and the time line sounded promising however that was not it.

I think the key to isolating the title in question from others of that period is through these next items. The show was aired in the US over a regular cable station each morning and the time period was around that of Robotech however I don't think they are linked. Also the kids were around teenage years if I recall correctly. Also I have been thinking hard and I believe that the kids were actually trained in some sort of school/military facility and that the battles may have been part of the curriculum or the reason for the training. The show reminded me of a cross between Robotech and Neon Genesis Evangelion without the angels and it was two groups going head to head in dogfight like combat.

Thanks for helping me isolate this particular part of my past.

Corelogik
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try Voltron or G-Force, though G-Force is right at the very edge of your time line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: